Realizations

Three years have past since me and Josh's wedding. The first two years have been amazing, but this year has been.... terrible. Me and Josh have been having countless arguments almost everyday. Josh started drinking...heavily. And to top it all off, he's been hanging around Katherine lately. He claims it's to spend time with the "baby", even though I've told him millions of times that there is no baby.

I'm home, by myself of course, watching Teen Wolf. It's almost 3 in the morning and Josh still hasn't come home yet. After a few minutes, a slam at the door caught my eye.

"Hey babe! I didn't think you'd be up still," Josh slurred his words. I rolled my eyes and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey," Josh grabbed my wrist, "where are you going?"

"Josh let go of me. I'm just going to the kitchen to get me a sandwich." I retrieve my wrist and walk to the kitchen. I reach for the bread and get the peanut butter and grape jelly from the cabinet. I slam both items on the table.

"Where the hell have you've been?! It's almost 3 in the morning and I haven't seen you all day," I yell.

"I had a lot of work to do and I wanted to finish it all, so I had to work overtime." Josh lied through his teeth. I chuckled angrily.

"You're a Youtuber. The only work you have to do is talk in front of a camera!" I scream, spreading the PB on the bread. Then, I open my eyes widely.

"Were you at Katherine's house?" Josh looked up wearily.

"What? Of course not! I was working." I look at Josh deep in his eyes.

"Did you go to Katherine's?" Josh gulped, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

"Yeah, but only because of the baby!" Josh admittedly pointed out. I scoffed as I grabbed my sandwich and went back upstairs.

"Katherine says she's been in a lot of pain 'cause the baby's just started to kick," Josh slurred while smiling. Then, his smile faded and he quickly ran to the bathroom. I could hear Josh vomit from the bedroom. After a few minutes, Josh came back completely sober.

"Look at you. You really think that Katherine's pregnant? Wake the hell up Josh! She's pinning you down with a "baby" and you're too damn blind to see it!" I scream, flailing my arms in the air.

"Are you serious?" Josh asked surprised.

"You're kidding me right? After all the times I've told you this, now you believe me?!" I ask angrily. Josh shrugged.

"All that time you've been with Katherine and-" I stopped myself and looked at Josh.

"Did you sleep with her?"

"Leah, how could you possibly-"

"Did you sleep with her?! Yes or no?" Josh hesitated for a second then looked at me.

I knew that look.

"How many times?"

Josh sighed. "A few." I sighed and sat on the bed, my hands in my face. Josh came and sat next to me on the bed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I don't know why I'd do it," Josh apologized.

"Apparently you had a reason to do it! I thought you were different. I guess not." I looked away.

"Leah,please-"

"Don't 'Leah,please' me. I can't believe you! After I told you that I don't want to go through another heartbreak, you're the one that has to make it happen." I stand up angrily. Josh just sits there on the bed in shock.

"You wanna know something? When we kissed on our wedding day, I didn't feel that spark anymore. I didn't wanna say anything 'cause I was in the moment, but I didn't feel anything," I confessed. Josh hugged me as I cried in his arms.

"How could you do this and today's our 3-year anniversary?" I sobbed. Josh sighed.

"Look, obviously we don't belong with each other 'cause I know when you kissed me on our wedding day, you didn't feel anything either," I started. Josh started to speak but pulled back because he knew it was true.

"So, maybe we should just end it now?" Josh questioned. I looked at him and nodded.

Josh sighed. "Well, can we still be friends?"

I smiled. "Of course."

"And besides, I think I might be gay," Josh said. I laughed hysterically.

"Ha! Yeah right. And I'm bisexual," I joked.

"No I'm serious."

"Okay, this got very weird."