Real

After a while, me and Adande made it official: we were dating. To just chill,hang out, play video games, and be around each other felt so good. It was like I was a teenager again. I did FaceTime my friends and let them know,them being happy for me of course. And I was happy for myself.

Then, the obsession with just playing video games all the time started. Every chance he got, he'd buy game after game after game. We don't even go out like we used to. All he wants to do is play video games, and I'm tired of it.

"Babe!" Adande screamed through the house. I sighed in frustration and headed to the room.

"Yeah?" I asked irritated, leaning against the doorway.

"Can you make me a sandwich?" I widened my eyes.

"Why can't you make it yourself?" I asled annoyed.

"Cuz I'm busy, as you can see," Adande answered, his eyes never leaving the screen. I scoffed and headed to the kitchen, until I stopped and thought to myself. I turned around and stomped back into the room.

"No! You were supposed to keep watch while we go forward!" Adande screamed into the mic. I headed to the TV and unplugged it.

"What are you doing?! I was so close to winning!"Adande yelled.

"I don't care! All you do is this, playing video games. We don't do the things we used to do. At first I didn't mind it, but now you're taking it way too far!" I countered.

"You're acting like I have an addiction or something," he scoffed.

"You do! You haven't even been on YouTube in a month! You're subscribers are probably worried about you and are wondering why you haven't been updating lately," I said.

"Pshh," Adande swatted his hand at me, "who needs them?"

"You know what? I'm done. I'm so done with your gaming bullshit and I can't take it anymore. I thought you were different, you know seeing you on YouTube with your witty personality and all. I guess I was wrong." I walked out of the room and walked out the door. I got in my car and headed back to the hotel I was staying in. I arrived at the hotel and headed to my room. I packed all my stuff and headed to the main lobby.

"I'm here to check out," I stated.

"Leaving so soon?" the desk person asked.

"Yeah." He nodded as I handed him the room card. I paid the man and headed out the door. I got a cab and got dropped off at the airport. As I walk to the gate, I call on of my closest friends.

"Leah?"

"Hey Kenny," I sighed.

"What's wrong?" he asked worried.

"Can you pick me up at the airport? I'm coming home."

"That's great, but why?"

"I'll explain everything when I get there, so can you?"

"Yeah, I'll be there." I smiled and hung up. I headed to the plane and handed in my ticket.

"Thank you and enjoy your flight," the flight attendant said kindly. I smiled and nodded as I walked to a seat. I put my suitcase above me and sat down. I plugged in my earbuds, listened to my music while I leaned against the window watching us take off.
~~~~~~
After 5 hours, I arrived back in California. I walked to the parking lot to see Kenny leaning up against his car, his head hung low. He raises his head, noticing me and smiling. I smile back at the sight of his presence and walk to his car.

"Hey sis, I missed you," he said hugging me tight.

"I missed you too. Thank you for picking me up."

"No problem. Now tell me what happened." I sighed as I got in the passenger seat.

"So," Kenny started.

"Well to make it long story short, my boyfriend was obsessed with video games," I said.

"Really?" I nodded.

"Wow. I mean I like video games too, but not to that extreme," Kenny said shocked.

"I'm telling you, I'm gonna become a lesbian," I said sighing. Kenny laughed.

"Don't say that."

"I'm serious! I can't even find a decent guy that's..."

"Real." I looked at Kenny then back at the window.

"Yeah."

Real.