Chapter 7

After spending a relaxing day at the beach, we headed back to the bunker. I was sitting in the passenger seat while Sam laid in the back, getting some sleep.
"Have fun today?" I ask Dean. He glances over at me with a smile before looking back at the road.
"Yeah, you?" He asks.
"Yeah, defiantly need more days like that." I chuckle. We're both silent again, the only sound is the engine purring.
"You said something.....about a promise." Dean mentions. I sigh and run my hand through my hair before looking over at him.
"Before your dad died.....he told me to look at the both of you, and never leave." I inform him. He glances over at me, and his grip tightens on the steering wheel.
"If he didn't say that....would you have left a long time ago?" Dean asks. I glance out the window, contemplating what he asked.
"I think think so, you guys were my only protection and people in my life, I may have been abandoned as a child but I don't abandon people." I say confidently. He glances over at me once again, a wide grin plastered on his face before looking away and nodding.
"Good to know."

We arrive back to the bunker and go straight to our bedrooms. Sam was beat from playing in the water so long with Dean, and the sun just makes me sleepy. I change into some shorts and a batman tank top, before climbing into bed. I nuzzle my face in the pillow and let out a large sigh, ready to pass out but there's a knock at the door. I groan, and wobble out of bed and to the door.
"Dean left." Sam informs me, snapping me out of sleepiness.
"Where'd he go?" I ask, eyes wide.
"Bar." Sam sighs. I bite my lip, and feel an ache in my chest. I knew what he was going to do, but why? "You okay?" Sam asks in concern. I nod and give him a tight smile.
"Yeah, imma make some coco." I sigh, walking passed him towards the kitchen.

I hear the familiar sound of wings, and flick on the lights to see Cas.
"Good evening y/n, is Dean here? I'd like to speak with him." Cas says in his usual plain tone.
"You just missed him Cas, he left to some bar." I inform him, walking passed him and starting to make my coco.
"Hm...than I will wait here for him, besides you seem distressed." Cas says taking a seat at the table.
"Distressed? How so?" I ask, putting my mug in the microwave and starting it.
"You are usually a very happy person. But when you passed me, you seemed to be as you humans call it down." Cas says, tilting his head to the side slightly.
"You wouldn't understand." I sigh with a weak chuckle as I lean against the counter.
"Does it have to do with romance and relationships?" Cas asks. I nod, and pull my mug out of the microwave. "Well I can help, I know more than you think." He smiles slightly. I can't help but smile back and chuckle softly. I pour the coco mix, stir it and than sit across from cas at the table.
"I like Dean.....more than a friend. But every time I think he likes me, he goes to a bar to find someone else." I sigh, starring down at my mug.
"Dean is a complicated individual." Cas sighs as well, placing his hands in his lap. "Maybe I could help." Cas suggests.
"How?" I arch my brow.
"I'll just tell him." Cas shrugs. Before I can protest, the bunker door opens and in stumbling comes drunk Dean surprisingly no girl. "Dean may we have a word." Cas says walking up to him.
"Cas no!!!" I plead, jumping up and grabbing his arm.
"No no y/n let my friend with wings speak, yes cas?" Dean smiles, clearly bat shit crazy drunk.
"Y/n has feelings for you, more than a friend type feeling and she wishes to express that to you." Cas states plainly, pulling me forward so I'm face to face with Dean. Dean's eyes narrow as he stares down at me waiting to say something. I begin to stutter before looking at the ground and running down the hall. I enter my room, slam and lock the door behind me before crawling into bed. I should t of told Cas.....I shouldn't of told anybody....Luckily Dean won't remember a thing tomorrow.

When I wake up, I groan remembering last night. What if Dean does remember? How will he react? Fuck!!!!! I change into normal day clothes before slowly making my way to the kitchen. I can hear Cas is still there, along with Sam. When I enter, Sam is eating cereal while him and Cas talk.
"Morning!" Sam smiles. I give him a tight smile.
"Good morning y/n." Cas greets. I also smile at him.
"Imma head to town, I gotta get....stuff." I say backing away from the kitchen.
"Stuff?" Sam asks arching his brow.
"Yeah I got this thing. And than another thing, oh and I totally forgot the other thing and so on." I ramble.
"Thats a lot of things." Sam chuckles.
"Yeah well I gotta go! Tell Dean I took baby." I grab the keys and as I turn around I bump into something hard. When I look up it's a sleepy Dean. "S-sorry." I mumble, going around him and speed walking towards the garage.

I quickly hop in baby, and head towards the nearest town. I stop at the liquor store, buying Jack Daniels, 1800, and more. After I go to the grocery store and pick up pie ingredients since I promised, and I didn't want to forget. I picked up stuff to make BLTs and French fries before heading back home to the bunker.

When I go inside, Sam is in the library probably looking for our next case and Cas is nowhere in sight, and luckily neither is Dean.
"Hey did you get the thing, and the thing, oh and the other thing?" Sam asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes and slap his head playfully as I enter the kitchen. I put the groceries away but carry the drinks to my room. As I'm walking to my room, Dean is coming down the hall towards me and stops immediately after seeing me.
"I-um....mornin." I mumble, my cheeks heating up.
"Whatcha got there?" Dean asks inching towards me.
"Oh um....snacks I guess." I shrug, looking down at the booze in my hands.
"Interesting snacks." He chuckles. I nod and glance up to see he's not that far from me now.
"Do um- you remember last night?" I ask nervously.
"I remember talking to Cas, but not exactly what. Than passing out in the library. Why did something important happen?" Dean asks arching his brow. I sigh in relief and smile.
"Nope not at all." I chuckle.
       "You sure?" He inches closer causing my insides to do kart wheels.
        "P-Positive." I breathe. He nods before ruffling my hair and walking passed me. I sigh in relief and go into my room, putting my bottles in my hiding spot.

I go back out into the kitchen and begin making the pie.
         "Mmmm pie." Dean moans entering the kitchen. I chuckle and roll my eyes as he watches me once again.
       "They didn't have apple filling, is cherry okay?" I ask as I prepare the pie pan.
        "Pie is pie, I do not mind." He chuckles.
        "Good to know." I chuckle as well, and glance up at him. "Can I ask you a question?"
         "Shoot." He smiles.
          "What was your mom like?" I ask hesitantly. His eyes widen slightly before clearing his throat.
        "She made amazing meat loaf, yours tastes almost just like hers, and.....she was beautiful..." Dean smiles, a small smile tugging on his lips. I put the pie in the over, lean over the counter and smile.
       "What was Sammy like growing up?" I ask. He chuckles, his smile widening. Before he could answer his phone rang and he glanced over at me before leaving the kitchen.