Chapter 8

I hear Sam and Dean going back and forth in the library, their voices rising.
"No Dean!!!!" Sam shouts eventually. I go into the library, and see their faces are red from anger.
"What's going on?" I ask, putting my hands in my pockets while approaching them.
"Nothing y/n, I just have to leave for a couple of day." Dean informs me. My heart drops and I feel my breath hitch in my throat. He'd always leave every once and awhile and be gone for weeks, when he came back he was always grumpy and upset. He never told me where he'd go though, and neither would Sam.
"O-Oh well hopefully the pie will be done before you go." I fake smile. Sam clenches his fist, and glares down at Dean.
"Yeah..." Dean sighs slightly. He glances over at Sam before heading down the hall to his bedroom.
"Where is he going? Oh wait it's not important right?" I glance at Sam while going into the kitchen.
"You really want to know?" Sam asks following me into the kitchen.
"If he's constantly leaving for days and something might happen it'd be nice to know!" I snap, pulling the pie out of the oven.
"He's going to see his Ex Lisa, remember her and her kid?" Sam replied, glancing around to make sure Dean isn't around.
"Why would he go see her?" I ask arching my brow.
"He never really got over her I guess, and her kid Ben reminds him of a young him. I guess he feels like he has the be the father figure in his life." Sam informs me. I clench my fist, not realizing I was crushing the pie.
"Alright I'm leaving I'll be back in a couple-y/n the pie." Dean says entering the kitchen. I look down to see the pie was crushed, and spilled out onto the counter.
"Fuck s-sorry Dean I'll make you a new one when you get back from.....wherever you go." I smile tightly, not caring if it didn't look real and toss the pie in the trash.
"Uh....don't worry bout it, see you guys in a couple days." Dean mumbles heading towards the garage.
"Hes been seeing his ex, fathering her kid, I tell you I like him, AND YOU WAIT TILL NOW TO MENTION THIS?!?!" I snap at Sam, heading the impala leave.
"He told me he was done with her, Cas was supposed to have wiped her memory." Sam sighs, taking a seat. "So maybe Ben called him."
I take a seat with Sam and groan, putting my face in my hands."She's probably hot, and her kid is probably adorable."
"I've seen how Dean acts around you y/n, he likes you. Anyways let's get your mind of Dean, I found a case." Sam mentions. I look up at him and sigh.
"It's worth a shot." I mumble.

We pack up, take one of the older cars in the garage and head towards a couple towns over where the new case was. Sam and I find a motel in town and call it a night after pizza. But I can barely sleep, right now Dean was on his way to see the love of his life, and a kid he wishes was his. Dean doesn't want anything to do with me, who was I kidding?

  I glance over at Sam who's fast asleep in his bed. I sigh, and climb out of bed, grabbing my coat and slip on my shoes than head outside. It was cool out, the breeze was strong, causing me to cling onto my coat. I take a deep breath, and let some tears escape my eyes. The cool wind made my damp cheeks sting.
      "Y/n? Why are you here?" I hear some ask. I look over and see Cas.
       "Sam and I are taking a case while Dean is out town." I reply, wiping my cheeks.
        "Where did he go?" He asks approaching me.
        "To go see Lisa and Ben." I reply, leaning against the motel wall.
        "But Lisa's memory was wiped by me. And I told Dean how you the other night, he should be with you." Cas frowns.
       "Ben must've called than. And Dean was drunk Cas, he doesn't remember. And I want to keep it that way." I choke, beginning to tear up.
      "I am confused, why do you want to keep your feelings towards him secret?" Cas asks me, a look of confusion and concern covering his face.
      "So no one will get hurt." I sigh, looking down at the ground.
        "I see....well if that is your wish so be it." Cas sighs. I look up at him and smile.
       "Thanks Cas, I'm going to head inside and get some rest. Do you need anything else?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest to stay warm.
       "No I just came to check in on you and Sam, and Dean. I will find Dean to make sure he's okay. Goodnight y/n." Cas nods before vanishing. I sigh and nod to myself before heading back into the motel room.

  When I wake up, I hear Sam talking to someone so I assume he's on the phone until I hear.....Dean.
       "Well have in talked to the witness?" Dean asks. I sit up quickly and see Sam and Dean sitting at the table, talking about what I assumed was the case.
        "Um mornin?" I groan, throwing the covers off of me. "When did you get here?" I ask.
        "Bout an hour ago, your a heavy sleeper." Dean smirks. I arch my brow and glance at Sam who shrugs. Before I can ask Dean what happened with his trip, I hear my phone ring. I sigh, grab my phone and answer.
     "Hello?" I answer.
     "Well hello sexy lady." Garth sings through the phone. I giggle and roll my eyes.
      "Hey Garthanator what's up?" I chuckle, grabbing Sam's coffee and sipping causing him to make a bitch face.
       "Well, I heard you were around and thought I could maybe have lunch with you, and get your opinion on a case." He informs me through the phone.
        "You know I don't mix dates with business Garth, but I'll make an exception for you. Where we meeting?" I chuckle. I glance over at Dean who's face is seeping with rage while Sam's eyes are wide.
       "Diner off the 35 exit, in 30 sound good?" He answers.
       "It's a date, see you than." I chuckle and shake my head as I hang up.

  I get up, grab my duffle bag and go into the bathroom to freshen up and change. When I exit the bathroom, Dean and Sam just stare at me.
     "What?" I arch my brow.
     "Your going on a date.....with Garth?" Sam asks in disbelief.
     "It was a joke, he just wants to have a sit down and ask me some questions on a case he's working on." I shrug, grabbing my phone and wallet with the car keys.
       "Just a sit down." Dean mumbles, I could tell he was still mad.
      "At least I told you where I'm going." I comment to Dean, glancing at him and giving him a glare before exiting the motel. As I'm walking over to the car, I can hear Dean following me.
      "What was that supposed to me?!?" He snaps, approaching me. I open the car door and lean against it to face him.
     "Nothing Dean, I'll be back soon." I smirk.
       "No y/n what was that supposed to mean? You mean me leaving? I have personal shit." He snaps, getting too close.
       "Like an ex and a kid that isn't yours?!?!" I snap back. His eyes go wide in shock, and I sigh running my hand through my hair. "I don't get why you couldn't tell me Dean. Okay your happy, that's all that matters Dean!!! Keeping shit from people you work with isn't healthy!!! What if something happened and Sam couldn't help? I wouldn't know where to find you!!!" I begin to tear up and his expression softens. I take a deep breath and clear my throat. "No more secrets Dean, I'm glad your happy okay?"
       "Ben called, Lisa was going on a date with some guy and Ben wanted me to her. Cas came, wiped Ben's memory so no I'm not happy!!!!!" Dean shouts at me, hitting the hood of the car. I flinch, and back away slightly.
       "I-I'm sorry...." I mumble.
       "For what? Bringing up pain I didn't bring up for a reason!!! You don't know me, or Sam!!!!! You don't know the pain we've been through,  you don't know the skeletons we keep in the closet for a reason!!!!!! And maybe it'd be best if you didn't know them or you'd just leave!!!!" Dean screams at me. Tears stream down my face as I stare at Dean, pain stabbing my chest unlike anything I've ever felt.

  I walk around the car door, grab Dean's face and smash my lips onto his, enjoying the feel of him one last time. For a moment it feels like he's kissing me back but it's all in my head. I pull away and open my eyes, licking my lips before letting go.
        "Goodbye Dean." I whisper before climbing in the car and pulling out of the motel parking lot.