Chapter 25

Cas took us to the tow truck place that found the impala. We paid, and luckily she was still good enough to drive. Sam offered to drive but I said I could handle it. I needed something to do to keep my mind busy. As we drove to Bobby's, I couldn't help but think about all the memories I had with this car and Dean.....

~Flash back~

"Try again!!!" Dean shouts at me from outside the car. I attempt to start up the engine but the car makes a funny noise and doesn't start up. Dean and I have been going at this for a good 30 minuets and poor baby won't start up. I groan and hit the steering wheel in frustration. "Aye don't hit baby!!" Dean snaps. I roll my eyes and get out of the car, slamming the door and lean against the car.
"Face it Dean, we're gonna have to walk back to the motel." I grumble crossing my arms over my chest.
"I'm not leaving baby!! Or leaving her in the greasy hands of a tow truck!! Now she'll work let's just keep going!!" Dean persists. I roll my eyes and walk over to him, looking down at the open hood of the impala. Instantly something catches my eye that didn't seem right, so I lean over and fix it.
"Try it now Dean." I shrug.
"Psh like that'll work. It ain't as easy as putting on makeup princess." Dean chuckles confidently, walking over to the driver seat. He climbs in and starts the engine, making baby purr like usual. I smirk and close the hood, looking straight at Dean. He was pissed. I walk over to the passenger side and slide in.
"You were saying?" I smirk.
       "Shut up." He grumbles. I let out a little giggle causing him to glance over at me. He smiles slightly before shaking his head and continuing to drive. He blasted his music, singing along causing me to giggle even more at his drumming on the steering wheel and his child like behavior. Eventually, I sang along. He had good taste in music, even though Sammy hated it and always wanted him to turn it off. I enjoyed it, even though sometimes it'd get annoying, like when I was trying to sleep. But like Dean always says, Driver picks the music, passenger shuts his or her cake hole.

~end of flashback~

   We pull up to Bobby's old place, and I park right next to the pile of ashes that used to be a house. Sam, Cas and I all climb out the car than begin looking for the clues Bobby gave me. Eventually, we found what we were looking for. Sam lifts the hood and inside is a large wooden box. He carefully picks it up, putting it on the ground and opens it. Inside, just like at Bobby's was the brown leather book. I kneel down, and pull out the book. I skim through pages until I finally find one, mentioning the scroll.

    I hand Cas the book and take a deep breath.
         "Only angels can preform it.......lets get it over with." I sigh. Cas nods, looking down at the page and begins speaking in an unfamiliar language. I begin to feel weak, and drained as he got further and further into the ritual. I feel light headed, but luckily Sam notices and holds me up as Cas finishes. I feel a sudden burst come through my chest and see the bright light vanish into thin air.
         "It's gone...." I smile weakly.
         "Yes, now you and the baby will be safe." Cas smiles. Cas carries the book while Sam helps me to the car. Sam lays me in the back, while Sam drives and Cas sits up front. I was so tired.....physically....and emotionally.....

      I tell them not to stop at any motel, that I just wanted to go home. We eventually got to the bunker early in the morning, no one said a word to each other. Cas sat in the kitchen, Sam went to his room, and I went to Dean's. I closed the door behind me, began taking off my clothes and walked over to Dean's closet. I pulled out one of his shirts and slipped it on, than grabbed a pair of his checkered pajama pants and slipped them on. I crawled into his bed, breathing in his familiar scent and swept......My Dean is gone. For weeks, I stayed in Dean's room rummaging through his items, and crying all over again. I ate little, and I barely talked to anyone which was selfish considering I knew Sam and Cas was hurting as well. But I didn't know what to say to them, Dean is dead because of me.....

      After sulking for awhile, I went out into the garage and started fixing baby up. I know Dean would've had it fixed by now. For days and throughout the night I'd be fixing up baby, making sure it was perfect like Dean wanted it. Sometimes Cas would sit in the garage with me, and he'd just watch or once in awhile make a comment on how I reminded him of dean but with female parts. And than Sam would watch from the doorway with a small smile, and when I wasn't looking he'd bring me a sandwich or water.

      One day I went out into the kitchen for a glass of water when Sam came in and cleared his throat.
        "Hey y/n can we talk?" I looked over at him and I could see he was barely getting any sleep. I nod and we both take a seat at the table. "It's been 2 months since......Dean died and.......well your now 2 months pregnant. Do you think maybe we should......start looking for a normal home for the baby?" Sam asks nervously. I was showing barely but if I wore a tight shirt you'd be able to see the little hill. I didn't think about moving after Dean.......that was our plan though.
        "Will you stay with me? Just for a little?" I ask in a quiet voice.
        "Of course, id never leave you; your family." Sam smiles. I begin to tear up, and his smile falls. He reaches over the table and takes my hand gently, stroking his thumb over my knuckles.
      "I miss him." I whisper. Sam nods, his eyes watering slightly.
       "I know, I miss him too." He responds.