Chapter 13

They decided to do a Harry Potter Marathon, so by the time we finished the entire series including, the Fantastic Beasts, we were beat. I changed into my shorts and T-shirt than let Charlie crash in my room while I slept on the sofa in the tv area.
     "Night y/n." Charlie gives me a kiss on my head before heading down the hall to my room. I curl up with my blanket on the couch, and watch The Breakfast Club, unaware of Dean entering the room.
     "Good choice." He comments taking a seat. I gasp and jump slightly causing him to chuckle.
     "Asshole." I grumble. He chuckles again before we're both silent as we watch the movie. "Dean." I mumble.
     "Hm?" He gums looking over at me.
     "If you weren't a hunter, what would you do as a profession?" I ask, looking at him. He narrows his brows slightly before shifting in his spot.
      "A mechanic or maybe a paramedic. Or fire fighter." He shrugs. I smile and turn to face him, hugging my knees as I rest my chin on my knee.
     "Why?" I ask like a little kid.
     "Cause I like cars, and.....I like the idea of saving people." He replies, giving me a small smile.
      "Did you always want to be a pediatric nurse?" Dean asks. I bite my lip, and shake my head. "Than what did you want to be before?"
"It's silly." I chuckle, placing my face in my hands.
"Nah come on! Tell me." He chuckles nudging me. I sigh and remove my hands.
"I used to want to be a singer." I reply. He stares at me blankly.
"A singer?" He asks. I nod. "Why?" He asks.
"Well as you know I was an orphan than foster kid, well my mom left me this cassette tape of her singing and that was the only thing I have of her. People used to tell me I sang well whenever I sang the song she sang." I shrug.
"You still have it?" Dean asks.
"Yeah, Sam was able to break into the crime scene at my college before we left town. He grabbed it for me." I respond.
"What song was it?" Dean asks.
"More than words." I reply.
"Great song." He smiles. I nod and rest my chin back on my knees. "You should sing it for me."
"I only sing when I play a guitar." I chuckle.
"Good to know." He smiles. It grows quiet before he clears his throat.
"Did you ever find your mom? Dean asks.
"I did. I found her in the hospital, dying of cancer. I got to know her for a year and than she died." I inform him, taking a dee breath to contain my tears.
"Oh I'm so sorry." He frowns.
"It's okay. I got to meet her before she died, and I got to sing to her before she left." I smile weakly. He nods and it goes silent until I clear my throat.
"Okay no more depressing shit." I chuckle, "Tell me more about you."
"You know enough." Dean chuckles.
"No I don't! Like....why do you love pie?" I giggle.
"Cause it's pie. Pie is amazing." He responds as if it was the most obvious answer causing me to laugh and eventually him too.

When I wake up, I groan feeling an unfamiliar surface underneath me. When I open my eyes, I realize it's Dean's chest. I instantly check to make sure I have clothes on and sigh in relief when I see I do. I was between his legs while I laid on his chest, the blanket over us, while he sat up/laid down. When did we get like this? His arms were t tightly wrapped around me, making it hard to move. I lay my head back on his chest and close my eyes, enjoying every moment I can before he wakes up.

I feel his stir underneath me after awhile but i continue to keep my eyes closed. He chuckles seeing our position but doesn't force me to wake up. He tightens his arms around me even more and sighs in content before going back to sleep. Or so he tried, but soon we heard the loud footsteps of Sam enter the room.
      "Hey guys-oh am I interrupting something?" Sam asks.
      "Shhhhh she's still asleep. What's up Sammy?" Dean whispers.
      "Charlie needs me to drive her to her role play location, need anything while I'm out?"Sam asks.
       "Uh nah I'm good thanks." Dean replies. Sam leaves, leaving Dean and I alone again. Soon we hear the sound of Charlie and Sam leaving in the impala.

  I let out a heavy sigh and bury my face in Dean's chest. He begins to trace shapes on my back, soothing me.
      "Dean." I mumble, my eyes still closed.
      "Hm?" He hums, continuing to trace shapes on my back.
       "Why are things so complicated between us?" I ask. His hand stops and rests on my lower back.
       "Because." He responds plainly.
       "Because what?" I ask, finally opening my eyes and lifting my head up.
       "Reasons, reasons I don't want to get into right now. It's early, let's just go back to sleep." Dean sighs. I get up carefully, causing him to look at me with concern. I offer my hand which he accepts, and I lead him down the hall to my room.

I close the door behind us, pull up to the bed and lay down. He smiles down at me, taking off his jeans and flannel before climbing into bed behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I sigh in content, closing my eyes and eventually drifting off to sleep.

Deans pov-

   I wrapped my arms her waist, and watched as she slowly fell back asleep. I watched her for awhile, thinking about the question she asked me. I didn't want things to be complicated. But I can't let her get hurt. We're better off the way we are now than getting together, and me hurting her. I run my fingers through her hair, and smile as she lets out a sigh of content in her sleep, and a small smile tugging on her lips. I kiss the side of her head before pulling her closer and closing my eyes. Eventually I'm going to have to push her away so she won't get too close and it'll be too late to stop myself. But for right now; I just want to enjoy this moment.