9.Lights Out

Hank stroked Connor's hair, looking over to the window. "It's snowing pretty hard out there." He commented. "There's going to be a pretty bad storm."

"There is." Connor confirmed his thoughts. "Would you like me to close the curtains and find a blanket, as well warmer place to lay down?" He asked.

Hank shrugged. "We can just cuddle here, maybe on the bed." He said, watching Connor stand up.

"The lights will go out." Connor stood still for a moment, watching a digital timer in his vision, which be predicted after getting the immediate news of an electricity problem and the look of the storm. The lights turned off and Connor walked away. Hank leant back and watched the dark room, the only light was coming from the window. Sumo brushed against his feet. He leant over, scratching the dog's back.

Connor walked back into the room and picked up the blanket, folding it perfectly. He held it in one hand as he guided Hank up. "We could sit by a window and drink chocolate milk." He suggested, scanning through cute little ideas online they could do. "And watch the snow." He looked up at Hank, who chuckled and leant in, kissing his forehead.

"You're really cute." Hank said. "I got my house memorised. I'll put the blanket back. We can sit down for awhile, if that's what you want." He smiled and walked away. Connor watched closely, then followed him and set a hand on his back, guiding him to the bedroom. Just to be sure Hank threw the blanket down and turned so they were facing each other.

He set his hands on Connor's sides and pulled him in, kissing his lips. Connor closed his eyes and enjoyed the kissing. He wrapped his arms around Hank and held him. They stood with each other for awhile, swaying slightly and holding each other. After a moment, Connor pulled away and took Hank's hand, leading him to the kitchen.

He made Hank a mug of chocolate milk, then they sat down on the couch and Connor snuggled into Hank's side, staring out the window.

"Snow is beautiful." He said, hugging Hank's arm. He brushed some of the grey hairs of his lover away. He stared out the window, the look in his eyes was enough to capture his boyfriend's interest. Hank had never seen anyone so beautifully entranced by snow before. If he was told a week ago that he and Connor would be sitting on the couch, in the dark, watching snow, he wouldn't believe it. He kissed Connor's temple and smiled at him.

"You know, Connor, so are you."

Connor's cheeks turned a light shade of blue and he looked away, while Hank kept admiring him and staring lovingly at him. He moved closer and snuggled into Connor, who put his arms around Hank and pulled him close. The peace of the moment was so real, it was as if they were the only people in the world.

Only the two of them.