11.The Police

Connor sat on the edge of the bed. "Would you like me to contact the police for the morning?" He asked, setting his hand on Hank's chest.

"Yeah," Hank nodded. "Don't you think about keeping them. I can't own children right now."

"Of course. I know." Connor played with his boyfriend's hair. "Just for the night. They're homeless and it's frigid outside."

Hank nodded and mumbled something, turning and laying on his side. Connor's LED spun and he looked into space. "Yes, hello. My name is Connor." He pat Hank's head absentmindedly. "We have Michelle and Talia Loque and we need someone sent over to to collect them. Yes. The missing children." He nodded and told them the address, then hung up. He laid down and closed his eyes.

Hank rolled over to face him. "Connor, you're going to sleep in that?" He asked. Connor looked up, confused. "Well-- It's not really the most comfortable thing for sleeping. Jeans. And you're wearing two jackets."

"Right." Connor stood up to change into something else. He put on some shorts and one of Hank's t-shirts, then laid back down. Hank moved closer and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Those kids are asleep, right...?" He asked.

"Yes. I tucked them in and told them a bedtime story." He said.

Hank got up and closed the door, then walked back to the bed and laid down. He cupped Connor's cheeks and stared kissing him. He just couldn't help it. Connor was in shorts, god damn it.

They kissed for awhile, then fell asleep after cuddling, with Connor's face buried against Hank's arm, his leg over the lieutenant's waist. Hank had his arm around Connor, his other hand by his side. They were comfortable.

In the morning, they woke up by some knocks. Connor got up and checked on the girls. They were still sleeping. He opened the door. "Hello." He stepped over, letting a police officer into the house.

"You're Connor?" The officer asked. Connor nodded.

"Yes. Have you contacted a service for homeless children?" He walked the man into the living room, where two little girls slept on the couch.

"I have." The officer said. He walked over to the children and woke them up. "Thank you for housing them for the night."

"Of course. They just appeared, they had no where else to go." He held out his hand and the Android officer stood up. They latched hands and Connor shared all the information he knew about the girls in just a few seconds. He pulled away and put his hand by his side. The officer stood up and took the girls out to his car.

Connor walked back to the bedroom and pat Hank's cheek. "Hank." He said.

Hank's eyes fluttered open. "Hey," He mumbled. "Take care of those kids, will you?"

"They're already gone." Connor sat beside him. Hank nodded and mumbled something, leaning his cheek into Connor's thigh. Connor leant over and picked up a brush from the nightstand. He started combing Hank's hair. "The snow is being cleaned up." He said. "Streets are safe to drive on."

"Thanks for the weather report..." Hank grumbled.

"It's Monday. The first work day of the week. You should wake up."

Hank mumbled something and pulled himself up. Connor quickly moved and continued to comb his hair. Hank sat quietly, letting Connor take care of him. When the Android finished, Hank stood up and went to the bathroom.

Connor got up and got ready as well.