37.Meeting

"Connor." Markus smiled and walked to the car. Hank got out, then Connor stepped out, too. The Androids met and shook hands.

"Markus." Connor greeted, giving him a smile.

Markus look Connor up and down. He could see clear signs of Connor having previously played around with Hank before coming. Markus smirked and held out his hand to Hank.

"Ah, Robo-Jesus, we meet finally." Hank took the hand.

"Please, my name is Markus." Markus chuckled and shook his hand, then pulled away and put his hands behind his back. "Andersons, I need you to be in good behavior. This event is so important because President Warren herself, along with plenty of other famous officials, are here today. We want to leave them knowing Androids aren't a threat."

Connor nodded. "Got it." He looked up at Hank. "Don't fuck this up, Hank."

"What? Me? If anything, you should be telling Little Miss Violence to keep her cool." Hank shifted his gaze to North, who was standing between Josh and Simon. "Yes, you."
North grumbled something and looked away. Hank smiled and took Connor's hand.

"Alright. I think we should go in now." Markus said. He looked at Simon, who was standing beside him. "Come on, guys."

Connor leant into Hank's arm as they walked into the building. The other group went to the room everyone would meet up at.

"Hank," Connor whispered.

"Yeah?" Hank looked down at his boyfriend. Connor smiled at him and leant up, giving him a quick kiss. He gripped his hand and lead Hank back to the group.

Everyone was sitting in these chairs at a long table. Looked like an important conversation. Connor paused for a moment and scanned all of their faces, then pulled Hank to two extra seats beside Markus.

"That's all of the Androids, Madame President." Markus said, pulling his chair in and setting his arms on the table.

"Right." President Warren smiled at them. "I've already been introduced to the others. Who are these two again, Markus? That's the prototype created to help detectives, am I correct?"

"Yes." Markus smiled and looked at Connor. "This is--"

"My name is Connor." Connor cut him off. He gave President Warren a nice smile. Hank rolled his eyes. "This is my partner, Hank Anderson."

"Hi." Hank smiled. The president nodded and looked at them for a moment longer, then started talking.

Markus and the President were pretty involved in conversation. The other important human officials were, too.

After awhile of talking, Madame President looked at the Androids.

"Simon, Josh, North, Connor. Markus informed me earlier that he chose you four because of specific reason." She said.

"Yes," Markus nodded. He looked at his three friends. "I brought Josh and Simon because their determination. They both wanted a peaceful ending, and I'm more than glad that we gave them just that. Along with their determination, there's also great friendship..." Markus smiled at Simon. "And I love them both."

Josh and Simon smiled. Markus turned to North. "I brought North to show you that even Androids that think violence is an option can change, and have a great heart, as well. She is strong and amazing, and, no doubt,  and accepting her into human society would not be a mistake..."

North smiled and looked at Madame President. Markus turned to Connor and Hank.

"I brought these two for one of the most important reasons." He leant back and looked at the two. "That's love. Love between humans and Androids is no different than love between human and human. Androids can feel fluttery and anxious. They feel the same desires as humans do, such as finding fulfilment by dedicating themselves to a romantic partner. Only, there's a rule forbidding marriage between them. We plead that the ban is lifted, that Androids are allowed to find their life partner in a human, and that whether it is a homo or heterosexual relationship, the two can live peacefully together. To own land, and children, and enjoy their love."

Connor smiled and took Hank's hand, looking up at him, his eyes sparkling. Madame President watched the loving look Connor gave Hank, and couldn't help but smile.

"You've won me over, Markus." She said. "I will pass new laws focusing on rights for Androids."

"Thank you, Madame President." Markus smiled at her. "My people could never feel more grateful... truthfully..."

"Thank you, President." Connor said. He leant up and kissed Hank's cheek. "We can marry each other," He whispered, wrapping his arms around Hank.

Hank hugged him back and smiled. "Be patient, Connor."

Connor smiled and pulled away, sitting up and listening happily to the rest of the conversions.