54.Letter

Connor brought Hank upstairs once he was done. He helped him into bed turned on the tv. "How's your shoulder feeling?" He asked quietly, patting Hank's chest.

"It's alright." Hank closed his eyes. "I'm drugged up on morphine, so I'm okay." He gave Connor a tired thumbs up and a slight grin. Connor smiled and leant over, kissing his forehead.

"At least you're not in pain." Connor whispered.

Hank nodded in agreement. "But I do have a bullet in me..."

"Yeah." Connor sat down at the edge of the bed. "I love you, Hank."

Hank smiled sheepishly and inched towards him. "I love you, too..."

Connor leant over and connected their lips, giving Hank a soft, sweet kiss. He pulled away after a few seconds. "Hank, I--"

A knock at the door interrupted him. He watched as a nurse let herself in to check Hank's machines.

"Hello!" She greeted happily. "How are you two doing?" She asked.

"Fine." Connor answered, pulling his legs onto the bed.

"How's our strong patient?" She asked.

"I'm okay."

Connor laid on his back. He set his hands on his chest and closed his eyes.

"That's good! My name is Nurse McCree and I'm going to come visit again in the afternoon. We also have a surprise set up for you!"

"It's not a surprise if you tell me it's happening." Hank mumbled.

"Well-- we have an event set up." Nurse McCree said. "In a few hours."

"Okie-dokie, Nurse MC." Hank tilted his head into Connor's neck and sighed quietly. Connor closed his eyes and smiled, leaning his cheek against Hank.

"I'll leave you two alone now." She smiled. "But, oh--" She fumbled for her pockets. "There was a, uh, gift left for you at the front desk." She walked out and got a bouquet of flowers from a cart. Hank sat up and took the flowers and card.

"Oh," He looked at the flowers, then handed them to Connor, who held them up to examine fingerprints.

Nurse McCree left, closing the door for them. "I wonder who this is from." Hank mumbled, flipping the card over in his hand. He was about ready to open it, when Connor stopped him.

Connor threw the flowers on the ground and took the card away. "Hank, they're from Jody."

"Jody?!" Hank pulled back, letting Connor hold the card.

Connor opened it and looked inside. He frowned.

The letter requested Hank or Connor meeting him at a bridge.

"I can go." Connor stood up.

"Connor!" Hank whined.

"It's okay. I'll be back."

"But Connor! I need you..." Hank frowned.

Connor looked down at Hank.

Leave Hank?

Stay with Hank?