17.Hungover

Hank's eyes fluttered open. He reached up and grabbed his head. "Ah, god, what time is it...?" He whispered to himself, closing his eyes tightly. He shook his head and looked over, observing his alarm clock.

1:35 AM

He looked around and noticed Connor wasn't laying in bed with him, but he could hear some sounds from the living room. He stood up and shuffled out of the bedroom, rushing to the bathroom to throw up and feel bad for himself for a bit.

Once he was finished, he raided the cabinet behind the mirror and took a few painkillers to get rid of his headache, then grabbed his hair and put it up in a little pony tail. He mumbled something and went out of the bathroom, walking to the kitchen. On his way there, he saw Connor was passed out on the couch with Sumo laying on top of him. Hank went over and kissed them both, pat Sumo's head, then walked into the kitchen, turning the tv, which was on a detective show, off on his way to the fridge.

He got himself some water and tried to remember if he did anything to upset Connor, to make him sleep on the couch. He just remembered being annoyingly affectionate and trying to make out with Connor while they were at the bar.

Hank drank a few glasses of water, and shuffled over to the light switch, turning it off. He walked back to Sumo and Connor and moved the big dog slightly. He joined the cuddling, pressed against the back of the couch, his boyfriend, and Sumo.

Connor opened his eyes and glanced at Hank. He kissed his cheek and smiled, but was unable to move any with Sumo laying on top of him, the dog's head was on Connor's chest and his body down to almost his ankles. Sumo was a fitting name for him.

Hank put his arm over Connor's chest, slipping it under his dog's snout. He rested his cheek against Connor's shoulder.

"Goodnight, my Connor..." He whispered.

"Goodnight, my love." Connor smiled and went back to sleep, while Hank laid there for a few hours and wondered how Connor could sleep so peacefully. Did he turn himself off? Was there controls like the kid Androids had, that could enable them to sleep like a human? Androids were such a mystery.

It didn't really matter, though. It just mattered that Connor slept while looking like an angel, and Hank couldn't be happier that he, an unfit alcoholic who slowly killed himself, was laying with such a real, beautiful man. Connor was perfect.

Hank opened his eyes slightly and counted all the little freckles on Connor's face as a way to relax himself. He eventually drifted back off around three in the morning, smiling as he went unconscious.

-----

Objective: Don't Wake Hank

Connor slipped out from under Sumo and stumbled off of the couch. He pat the dog on the head, then walked to the kitchen.

What to make, what to make? Huh. There wasn't much.

He threw away an empty egg carton, trashed some spoiled food and rotten fruits, and wondered what he could make. He decided there wasn't enough food to make breakfast, so he went into the bathroom and opened the mirror, taking out a stack of post-it notes that Hank put up around the mirror to remind himself of various things. He took one off and put the stack back, sticking the paper in the middle of the paper.

He picked up the pen, faced with choosing a few different messages. He chose to write something sweet and simple.

'Gone shopping for food. I love you. ~Connor'

Then, Connor took Hank's phone and corrupted the password screen, logging in effortlessly. He set a timer for when Hank needed to wake up, turned the alarm volume up high, and put it in Hank's pocket. He went and got dressed, then walked out.