46.Slice

"I think you should go to sleep." Hank said, lifting Connor up off his feet.

"I'm alright. They patched up my wounds." Connor wrapped his arms around Hank's shoulders and looked down at him. "You don't need to carry me."

Hank brought him to bed and laid him down. "Go to sleep, Dear," He said, smiling.

Connor closed his eyes. "Alright..." He curled up and waited for Hank to lay down. Hank got him a shirt and threw it to him, then laid next to him and cuddled him, making Connor quickly pass out. Hank laid beside him for awhile, but eventually got up.

"Sorry, Con. It's been too long." He walked out, planning on visiting a bar while Connor slept. He put the flowers in a vase, then walked out.

While Hank was gone, Connor woke up. He looked around.

"Hank--" He turned, facing Sumo.

"Woof!" Sumo licked his face

"Ew, Sumo." Connor wiped the slobber off his face.

Sumo barked again. Connor stared at him for a moment, then leant in and licked his forehead. Sumo licked him back, and he was happy about successfully saying hello to the dog.

He pulled himself up and got out of bed, feeling something sort of static-like thing in his stomach that made him feel sick. He realised he felt something on his back, too. He frowned and turned, twisting his arm so he could touch his back under his shirt.

"I'm still bleeding," He whispered. "I thought... they fixed me up." He frowned and took off his shirt. He threw it on the bed and self tested. He wasn't losing too much blood to worry, but he did lose a lot. He walked into the bathroom and faced his back to the mirror, turning his head. His back was completely clear, except for a long slice in the middle, from almost his neck to down to the small of his back.

He frowned and immediately called Hank.

"Hank! Where's are you?"

"Calm down..." Hank grumbled. "I'ma at the bar..." He said.

"Get home now, I'm bleeding. I can't patch myself up."

"Oh, oh, I'm coming!" There were some sounds from Hank's side of the phone. In the background, he asked for another shot. Hank took the shot and then got in the car and started driving back home.

Connor heard the line go dead. He waited, Hank arriving soon enough.

"C-Connor!" Hank was barely through the door before he was stumbling to Connor and hugging him. "Wh-where are you hurt...? I... thought the hospital t-took care of you. Where's your sshirt...? Gah-- you're back is really sticky!" He pulled away.

"That's because I'm bleeding!" Connor turned around and showed him.

"What the hell...?" Hank looked at the blue blood on his hand. He washed it off in the sink. "T-Take a shower to get rid of the blood, Con... then I can bandage you up. There's a-a- a lot of blood on your back..."

"I never took a shower before. What am I supposed to do?"

"Just stand under the water." Hank crossed his arms. "Y-you're not gonna be doin' your hair or anything..."

"Alright." Connor walked into the bathroom again and stepped into the tub. Hank shook his head.

"Connor, no!" Hank walked in after him. "Y-You can't take a bath with your clothes on, Dummy."

Connor blushed and nodded. "I know." Connor leant against the wall. "I'm just waiting for you."

Hank rolled his eyes and stumbled out of the bathroom. Connor pouted, but closed the curtain and took off the other half of his clothes. He took a shower to clean the blue blood off his back, then got out.

"You don't have any towels in here!" Connor called, crossing his arms. He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled.

Now, he wasn't narcissistic, but he did think he looked like a pretty hot man. He moved the hair that always hung down and grinned. "Get me a towel!"

He heard Hank shuffling around. Hank opened the door slightly and threw Connor a towel. Connor frowned and wrapped the towel around his waist.

"Do you have bandages ready?" Connor asked.

"Yeh... lay down."

Connor walked to the couch and laid down. He closed his eyes and crossed his arms, putting his head down. Hank knelt down and started cleaning the wound and making sure nothing was badly damaged, so Connor could heal his skin over it.

"Anything else h-- or, I mean, feel weird...?" Hank asked.

"My stomach area..."

Hank nodded. "I'll look at it." He said, patting Connor's back. Connor nodded.

"Thanks..."