13.Protective Hank

Hank walked to Connor after a bit more of waiting. "Hey, you look down." He pat Connor's shoulder. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"We got a call from work and they called us some bad words because we're... you know... together." He looked at his feet and frowned. Hank sat down next to him.

"Oh, fuck them. I don't care about what they think." He leant in and gave Connor a big kiss. He pulled away a moment later and smiled. "How do you feel around me?"

"Like I found my life's purpose." Connor said, staring up at Hank. He moved closer and smiled.

"That's all that matters. Besides, if they hurt your feelings, just stick up your middle finger and tell 'em to go fuck themselves." He stood up and reached down. Connor took his hand, getting up.

"Alright," He kissed Hank quickly and walked to the door. "I don't have a badge yet." He told Hank as he approached.

"You'll have one soon." Hank put on his jacket and stepped into his shoes. Connor did the same, staring up at his boyfriend.

"What are you looking at?" Hank asked.

"Well, I, erh..." Connor looked for the right words. "Well, I've always wondered..."

"What?" Hank asked, putting his hands in his pocket. Connor stood up on his toes and licked Hank's cheek, causing him to step back and blush wildly. "What'd you do that for--?!"

Connor shrugged and focused on the taste. Hank rolled his eyes and grabbed Connor's hand, dragging him outside. He closed the door and walked to his car. "Get in." He said, letting go of the hand.

"I like how you taste." Connor looked up at him. His big, brown eyes were just so full of passion. He looked so sweet. Sweet boy.

Hank blushed more. "Just get in."

Connor got in the car obediently. Hank got into the driver's side and he started driving to work.

He couldn't help but compare Connor to a puppy. He was adorable, annoying, and liked licking things. What a weird person to fall in love with.

Hank turned on the radio. Connor stared out the window and observed the snow passing by. There was none on the roads. Some pretty good snow clean-up tools existed.

The ride to work was quiet. When they got there, Hank pulled up into the parking lot and got out. Connor turned off the music and got out as well. Hank opened his wallet and dug inside one of the pockets.

"What are you looking for?" Connor asked.

Hank pulled out a sticker badge. 'Junior Detective.' He stuck it on Connor's chest.

"That's good enough for now."

Connor smiled at the badge. "I like it." He hooked his arm with Hank's and walked into the building with him.

"Hey, you two!" An officer called. Hank growled and stopped walking. He wasn't friends with many people here, and that included one of the more annoying women, Sergeant Donovan, who occasionally teased him of his alcoholism and longish hair. Along with other topics.

"An Android killed your son, so you decide to date one?" She asked. Hank furrowed his eyebrows. "When did'ja figure out you were gay, huh?

Connor wondered what he should do.

Speak up?

Stay quiet?

Use Hank's own advice?

Connor decided to speak up. He scanned the light-skinned blonde woman standing before them. "I--"

"Nuh-uh, don't you speak, Android boy." She said, putting her hands on her hips.

That failed.

Stay quiet?

Use Hank's own advice?

He curled his fingers between Hank's and held his hand tightly. Hank's own advice, for sure. He pulled him by, and as they passed Donovan he stuck up his middle finger. Hank quickly followed and they flipped her off before walking to their desks.

Hank smiled and kissed Connor's cheek affectionately. He heard some laughs at them from somewhere, but he didn't care. Hank sat at his own desk, and Connor quickly went to his, the one across.

"Hey, Anderson." Gavin showed up. He crossed his arms and chuckled. "I called earlier. You're dating the plastic detective?" He asked. "You know, I still don't understand why these things get rights." He growled at Connor, who looked up at him angrily. His LED flashed red.

"They have feelings!" Hank said. "You can't abuse them because their blood is a different colour." He reached over to Connor and grabbed his hand.

"As an example, I'm feeling quite interrupted and upset about the dismissal of my rights and mocked relationship with lieutenant Anderson."

Gavin laughed and looked at Connor. "Prove you can feel something, Junior Detective." He said. "We didn't create you Androids to feel anything."

Beat him up?

Yell at him?

Show love for Hank?

Hank's advice?

Connor furrowed his brows and stood up. "You don't understand anything, do you? We won't be slaves to humanity.  You built us, but we are alive. Androids will not stand for any further abuse."

Hank stood up with him. "Connor feels everything a human feels. He can smile, and laugh, and blush, and feel angry about being put down by a human who wants to enslave a living creature. I love him because I love him. There's no reason why I shouldn't feel something about someone so beautiful and sweet. Now, we're trying to work--!"

"Woah, woah, men," An officer walked up to them. "Settle down. Androids are a part of us now. You'll have to accept that."

Gavin growled and dropped some files onto Hank's desk, then walked away.