31.Closet

Hank was able to go to sleep for a few more hours, but he woke up eventually. He rubbed his eyes and rolled onto his back, "Ugh, I hate Sunday..." He mumbled, pushing himself up. "I hate every day..."

He got out of bed and threw on a cleaner t-shirt, then shuffled into the kitchen.

He looked through every cabinet, but there wasn't any of his previously stored alcohol in there. He stood up and looked around, wondering where Connor was. He noticed a closet was half open and stared at it. He grabbed his phone and called Connor.

"Hello, I am Connor."

"God, Connor, I know your name-- and you know it's me calling, you don't have to introduce yourself every time.

"My apologies, Hank, but I really like saying that. My name is Connor. I'm Connor."

Hank rubbed his temple. "Okay... okay, Connor. Where is my alcohol?"

"You're not even going to ask where I am?"

"I'm pretty sure you're in that closet, Connor."

Connor was silent for a moment. "Yes, correct, Lieutenant. Good guess."

"No, I can see your arm." Hank hung up and put his phone down. He walked to the closet and opened it up. "Connor. What are you doing standing in a closet?"

"Thinking. Downloading." Connor said. "I took time to download videos regarding intimacy between romantic partners and read some on how to--"

"Please, spare me." Hank grabbed his hand and tried to pull him, but Connor stayed in the same place, being suddenly very still. Hank pulled his hand away and frowned.

"Connor?" Hank poked his cheek. Connor blinked and looked at him.

"There's a lot of information, it is ideal I stay still somewhere and focus so I don't lag."

Hank frowned. He wondered what it was like in that funny little head of his. "Lag?" He asked.

"Yes. Lag. The process of which a computer may fall behind in movement, progress, or development. I suggest closing the door, Lieutenant."

"You sound more Android than you'd think." Hank ruffled his hair.

Connor closed his eyes and leant away from the hand. "Close the door."

"Okay, Closet-Boy." Hank closed the door. "I'd hate to leave you all alone in the closet."

"Stop making jokes about our homosexual relationship, Hank. The closet is dark and small, and perfect for standing in."

Hank crossed his arms. "Okay. Stay in the closet. I'm gonna look for some booze."

"Good luck with that."

Hank grumbled something and walked away, searching for his secret stash. Where was it? Connor must've hidden everything. Ugh!

"I'm going out!" Hank called.

Connor walked out of the closet and followed Hank to the door. "Not alone, you're not." He paused what he was currently downloading and walked to him.

"Oh, hey, finally you're out of the closet."

Connor crossed his arms. "You're gay."

"That's pretty straightforward." Hank chuckled and went to get dressed. Connor smiled and followed him to choose something to wear, too.

"Are you going to a bar?" Connor asked, taking off the sweatshirt of Hank's he was wearing and changing into something more suited for outside.

Hank grabbed something and walked out to change in the bathroom. "That's the plan, Con!"

"Let's go to a sushi bar, or a salad bar." Connor changed into some pants and followed Hank, stepping into his socks and putting on his shoes.

"Alcohol bar!"

"It's going to snow soon." Connor said.

"Even better." Hank walked out and pet Connor's head. "Maybe we can plant flowers, huh?" He frowned and put on his shoes and jacket.

"It's too cold."

"My point is: we're not going to be out in the snow." Hank opened the door and walked out.

Connor took Hank's hand and swung it in between them. "I hear there's a nice restaurant opening up. We haven't really went on traditional dates, Hank."

Hank whistled a song as they went by. Connor listened to the tune and searched it online. It was something from decades before Connor even existed. He looked up at Hank. Something about how old school he was made Connor like him more. Books with pages, unfashionable clothes, songs from the late nineteen hundreds. He was so cute.

Hank held out his arm and put it on Connor's waist, pulling him closer and into his jacket. Connor looked up at him and tilted his head. "I'm not cold, Lieutenant. But nice j--"

Hank pulled him closer. "I know, Connor."

Connor blushed and smiled, looking down. Hank was too sweet.