39.Voice

Hank pushed the door open and walked in, Connor following him like a puppy.

"I hate this place," Hank mumbled.

"Your tree also hates this place." Connor said, following Hank to their desks

"What?" Hank turned to him. Connor sat down and smiled at Hank. He gestured to the potted tree.

"Japanese maple." He said. "It's a little dry."

Hank opened a drawer and pulled put a water bottle. He watered the tree, then started working. Connor watched him for a moment, then looked around his desk. He noticed his badge had been placed there.

Wonderful! He was really a cop now. He put the badge in his pocket and got to work.

His desk was pretty bland. It didn't have anything on it, besides a computer and a nametag that said his name. Connor hummed, wondering if he could decorate his desk like Hank did. Connor looked at Hank. "Hank." He said.

"Yeah?" Hank looked up at him. A moment later Connor got up and walked to the printer. Hank watched him from the corner of his eyes.

Connor came back a moment later and asked Hank for a pin. Hank gave him one and Connor pinned a paper to his cork board, smiling. Hank leant over and glanced at it.

"What the hell?" It was a picture of him. Connor had taken a picture of him and then sent it to the printer.

He glared at Connor and picked up his phone, snapping a picture of Connor. "Hey!" Connor pouted.

Hank printed the paper out and hung it over the blank space where his anti-Android papers used to be. He stared at it for a moment, then nodded and went back to work.

Connor smiled, swiveling his chair to face his computer. He started working.

Hank's phone beeped and he picked it up. It was a message...

Hey, Hank.

And it was from Connor, who was staring at his screen, looking focused.

Hank frowned and glanced around. He scooted his chair in, his phone hidden a little under the desk.

What is it, Connor?

Did you realise Gavin's staring at us?

I bet. He's a creep. What's his problem, anyways?

He hasn't adjusted to Androids being people yet.

He's a fucking prick.

Hold on.

Hank looked up and glanced at Connor, who was staring at Gavin, Gavin staring at him. A moment later, Gavin flinched when his phone started ringing. He broke the eye contact and spun the other way to answer it.

Connor's lips started moving, but Hank was a little put off when he heard a hushed female voice come from his boyfriend.

He couldn't quite hear what was happening, but a moment later Gavin got up and walked out, looking sort of confused but eager. Connor looked at Hank, who didn't know what was going on.

"What was that?" Hank asked.

"I got rid of his staring." Connor responded, in his own voice.

"No, was that?" Hank tilted his head.

"This?" Connor asked, imitating a female. "I browsed YouTube and watched a few videos from an unpopular female YouTuber. I called Gavin and told him I liked him and to meet me outside, but he thought it was a girl." He chuckled, then realised he was still using a the female's voice, so he changed back to his regular one.

"That's incredible. What other impressions can you do?"

Connor was silent for a moment, then spoke up. "Fuckin' Androids." He said, in Hank's own voice.

Hank sat back. "What--"

"What--" Connor repeated, an exact mirror of Hank's voice. He laughed softly. "I can do anyone as long as I hear their voice first."

"Can you do Gavin?"

"Yeah." Connor leant in. "Hey, Tin Can. Get me a coffee."

Hank laughed. "That's amazing, Connor." He said. "What other things can you do?"

"A lot." Connor smiled. "But we should probably stop messing around and start working."

"We don't have a case to work on." Hank said. Connor frowned.

"Then what have you been doing this whole time?" Connor questioned. Hank shrugged and looked back to his computer.

"I'm playing games."

"Of course. I'll go ask for a case." He ruffled Hank's hair, then got up and walked away.