24.Blake

Hank rung the doorbell and pushed Connor back. "Stay behind me." He ordered. Connor nodded and stood behind him.

A man answered the door. He was short with pale skin and curly brown hair. He pushed up his glasses and looked up at Hank and Connor. "Do you need something, Sirs?" He asked. "Are you lost?"

Hank showed his badge. "I'm Lieutenant Anderson and I'm here on behalf of a reported, unprovoked beating of an Android. Does Joseph Brodie live here?"

"Uhm..." He looked past Hank and looked at Connor. Connor took the moment to scan him. The man's name was Blake Brodie. Connor noticed the ring on his finger and smiled, looking at Hank's hand, which had no ring. "Joseph Brodie? I've never heard of him."

Hank turned to Connor. "Is he telling the truth?" He asked.

Connor shook his head. "Joseph is in the house."

"What's your name?" Hank asked. Blake looked panicked for a moment.

"M-my name is Blake." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

"Last name?"

Blake looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Connor frowned and walked past him, stepping inside with Hank. "Can we ask some questions about Joseph?" Connor asked, looking back to Blake.

Blake started crying. He closed the door and leant into Connor's chest. Connor wasn't sure what to do for a moment, but he hugged him back. "Hey, hey, it's alright. Can you us about Joseph? You're married to him, right?" He rubbed Blake's back, trying to be comforting. Hank rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Yeah, we married last year..." Blake whispered, putting his face in his hands. "I love him so god damn much..."

Connor nodded. "What else?" He asked.

"We planned on adopting a kid... but h-he just got into a really bad crowd."

"What sort of bad crowd?" Connor asked.

Blake cried more, so Connor brought him to the kitchen and got out some water for him. Blake drank the water, shaking. Connor sat beside him and rubbed his back.

"Are you dating anyone?" Blake asked. Connor nodded and Blake looked to his cup. "Then you know how it feels to be absolutely, blindly in love, don't you?"

"I do..." Connor smiled as he thought about how in love he was with Hank.

Blake sighed shakily, leaning back. He pulled up his sleeves. "He started taking and selling drugs... getting drunk every night..."

Connor frowned, looking at bruises on Blake's arm. Blake took a napkin and started wiping it on his face.

"He started hurting me and other people... that Android-- Mr Detective-- That was you, wasn't it?"

"Yes, it was."

Blake looked at Connor, who was a bit surprised about how he had hidden such a big black eye with make up.

"He came home drunk. He pushed me on the floor and told me he'd cut me if I told anyone what I saw... I was in the at home, I didn't see anything, but I was terrified--"

"Connor!" Hank yelled. Connor heard a loud thump and ran to back up Hank. Joseph was holding him down, ready to punch him. As he was about to punch, Connor made a split second decision and threw himself over Hank, Joseph hit him instead.

"Oh-- you!" Joseph grabbed Connor by the shoulders and pulled him up, pushing him back against the wall. "The Android I smashed to pieces!"

Hank coughed and rolled onto his side, pulling himself up. Joseph had kicked him in the gut really hard. He took out his gun and pointed it at Joseph. "LET HIM DOWN!" Hank yelled.

"Hank!" Connor cried. Joseph glared back at Hank. He lifted Connor and threw him at Hank, they both flew back and hit the wall. Hank dropped his gun.

With those two dizzy, Joseph went for the gun, ready to end them.

Blake yelled and jumped in his way, grabbing the gun and holding it up at Joseph. He reached down, helping Connor up. Connor realised Hank was unconscious. He held up his arms defensively, ready to fight for Hank. Connor contacted the police for back up.

"Blake, put down the gun! You won't shoot me!" Joseph walked towards him.

"I will!" Blake cried. "Why shouldn't I? You abuse me and hurt me! After promising to be there for me the rest of my life!"

"Put down the gun." Joseph growled. 

"No!"

Joseph launched himself at Blake, who pulled the trigger and shot him in the shoulder, making his husband fall back. He looked up at Connor and handed him the gun. Connor put it in his pocket.

"We'll need an ambulance." Connor said to the dispatcher. "A man has been shot in self defense."

Connor lifted up Hank and carried him outside, setting him on the steps up to the door.

Joseph was still awake and dangerous, so they left him there while they sat on the steps. Connor stayed there to male sure Blake would be okay, while letting Hank's unconscious body lean into his shoulder.

Back up and an ambulance came. Once Connor knew Blake would be safe, he got in the car and drove home.