19.Kicked Around

"Excuse me." Connor said kindly, putting his hands behind his back. "I need to get through."

A man turned around and looked Connor up and down. He chuckled, rolled his eyes, and looked back to who he was talking to.

"Sir, you're blocking the door." Connor said, frowning.

"You're blocking my conversation. Get the fuck outta here."

Connor wasn't happy with the way this man was treating him. He tried to push past and get into the building, but the man pushed him back.

"Yo, you want to fight?" He hissed, standing tall over Connor.

"I was sent to pick up coffee and doughnuts. I need to get in." He looked up at the man. He was upset he was even given this task, to go fetch coffee and doughnuts for the people that teased him and Hank all day.

"You don't need to. C'mon, boys, let's show Mr Junior Detective who to piss off." Two other people came up behind Connor and grabbed his arms.

"I understand that you're upset Androids are a race you have to live with, but you'll go to jail if you beat me." Connor tried to reason, twisting his wrist, the man's hand hurting him. It was too tight. "Let me go. I'm just here for coffee."

They brought him to the back of the building and started kicking him around and punching him. Connor curled up and protected his face.

They were done when they were able to twist Connor's ankle and make him bleed by a bunch of cuts. The group disappeared before anyone could find them.

Shaking, Connor pulled himself up. He coughed out some blue blood and gripped onto the wall, pulling himself up. He stumbled to the front of the building and walked inside.

"Oh, my god, sir, are you okay?" An employee asked, rushing over to him. He collapsed and she caught him, running into the break room and laying him on the couch. "Someone call an ambulance for him!" She yelled, looking back at Connor, who started mumbling some numbers. She didn't understand what he meant for a moment, but when he stopped, she realised he was saying a phone number. She pulled out her phone and got ready.

She sat on the floor and asked him to repeat, typing in the numbers. She clicked call and it rang a few times, before being picked up.

A rough sounding man answered the phone. "The fuck do you want?" He grumbled.

"Uh-- Sir, do you own a, uh, male Android with brown hair, and this little Junior Detective sticker?" She asked.

"Connor? Yeah. Why, did he do something?"

"He got beat up--" She was cut off.

"WHAT?! Where are you?!"

"We're at the coffee shop by--"

"I'm coming! Tell him I'm coming!" The man hung up and she put her phone back in her pocket.

"Is your name Connor?" She asked. Connor nodded. She frowned and ran a hand through his hair, trying to calm him down. "Your friend is coming." She said. "He'll be here soon."

Connor felt relieved knowing Hank would be there soon. He hoped he'd get there before the ambulance.

Hank hopped into a taxi, since Connor had drove there with the car, and anxiously waited.

The taxi stopped and he looked out, seeing an ambulance. "Wait!" He yelled, waving his arms. He ran to the ambulance and jumped into the back of it. He rushed to the bed and grabbed Connor's hand. "Connor, how much longer?" He asked.

Connor blinked, staring at Hank sadly. He frowned. "F-five minutes, Hank, until all of my blood drains out... a-about seven minutes till sh-shut down... If we don't get to the hospital..."

"Oh, god, guys, you need to rush!" The ambulance started going and Hank held Connor's hand tightly. "Did you see your attackers?" He asked, panicked.

Beep

He took out his phone. "Ah, god, we'll get them..." He whispered, staring at a first-person view picture of three men attacking Connor. He closed his phone and looked at a paramedic. Seeing an Android paramedic brought back some bad memories, but he quickly pushed them out of the way. He watched the paramedic attach something to Connor's arm and replacing the blood he was losing.

"You'll be okay, Connor." Hank leant over and kissed Connor's forehead. Connor closed his eyes and smiled.

"H-how do you think it tastes?" He asked.

"I'm not trying to lick the blood off your head, Connor." Hank made a weird expression. "I kissed your skin, I avoided the blue blood."

Connor giggled softly, dropping his hand off the bed and setting it on Hank's knee. Hank took his hand and held it. "Are we at the hospital yet?" He asked, looking up at the paramedic.

"Two more minutes, Sir." He said. Hank nodded, looking back to his injured boyfriend.

"Okay-- and don't you dare replace him! I want this very same model coming back to me!"

They got to the hospital, but they wouldn't let Hank into Connor's room. He got a Taxi back to the coffee shop and got in his car, deciding he had an excuse for not going back to work.

He got in a bar and got drunk, then drove home and passed out on the floor, holding a picture of Cole in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other.