56.Writer

When Hank woke up again, he was a little startled to feel that he was alone in the bed. He felt around, but he didn't feel Connor. He panicked and sat up quietly, his face softening when he saw a friendly environment around him.

Hank wiped his mouth with his sleeve and got out of bed. He was back home! He must've been fine and the hospital wanted him out. He walked around, frowning.

"Connor!" He called. Connor was sitting at the kitchen table with a laptop. He turned his head and looked at Hank.

"Hello, Hank." Connor greeted. "You'll be well enough to get to work tomorrow."

Hank shuffled over, putting his hands on Connor's shoulders. He leant over and kissed his cheek. "Yeah, yeah..." He mumbled. "I could use something to drink."

"No alcohol." Connor said sternly. He gave the lieutenant a quick kiss and then looked back to his computer.

"What are you doing?" Hank asked curiously, sitting down.

"I'm writing." Connor said.

"Writing?" Hank leant in. "Like what, a story?"

Connor nodded. "I decided to take an extra job. I'll be the first Android author!"

"That's great!" Hank smiled.

"I also paid the bills," Connor set his hand on Hank's. "And went shopping. You should lay down and relax, alright?"

"Okie." Hank stood up. "Hey, did you... Bring me home?" He asked.

Connor nodded. "I did. You were awake, but dazed, I'm sure you forget leaning into me as I drove." He said, smiling. "They said you could go home because the bullet didn't hit anywhere major, so it'll be quick healing. As long as you don't use you arm much."

Hank ruffled Connor's hair with his non-dominant hand, the one that wasn't shot. "Thank you, Connor." He said. He walked over to the couch and laid down. Sumo barked and jumped onto the couch to lay beside him.

Hank pat the big dog, stroking his side. He didn't realise it when he passed out, but when he woke up again, it was only half an hour later. He sat up and looked around, spotting Connor still sitting with the laptop.

He started thinking and realised Connor didn't need a laptop. Was he doing that to stay physically conscious for Hank, or to just look good? Because, hell, he looked handsome.

Hank sighed and got up. He wobbled over to his boyfriend and hugged him. "What's your story about?" He whispered, hovering over Connor and watching his fingers fly across the keyboard.

"A fantasy novel." Connor answered.

"Ooh." Hank kissed his cheek softly. "Neat. About what?" He pat Connor's shoulder, quite impressed with himself. He was impressed with himself because this robot was such a deviant, he could express creativity and feelings in writing, and that was because Hank lead him into it.

"A sort of romantic mystery, I suppose." Connor furrowed his brows and looked up at Hank. "Will you read it?"

Hank frowned because he wasn't really the type for reading, but seeing Connor's face, he couldn't help but nod. "Yeah. Can you get me it in paper form?"

"Old man," Connor joked, playfully nudging his boyfriend, who just chuckled and kissed his neck.

Hank wrapped his arms around Connor and leant into him, watching words appear on the screen. Connor was really good at words, he was basically a walking dictionary, so he had a really unique way of describing things that Hank loved.

Of course, Hank just thought this was adorable. He couldn't wait to read it. He pulled away after awhile and went to play with Sumo and lay down. His shoulder was hurting a bit more now. He settled into the couch, pulling a blanket over himself. Sumo laid down on top of him, and he pet the big dog.