Prologue

Taeyang (Dong Young-bae)
Their Happy Beginning

Life has been a bit difficult for as long as I can remember. My family was never rich but we got by each day. My mother full of life and love; she saw each day as a gift. My father on the stricter side dedicating his life to hard farm work to feed and support his family.

I couldn't sit around watching my family struggle anymore so I went out to rapping competitions at school to possibly win some cash to help my family. I somehow won the whole thing. By chance, YG Entertainment scout was there and asked me to be a trainee. I was ecstatic to know I could now support and give my family a better life. No more struggling to get by but I'll be away for long periods of time.

I told my mom what happened and she broke down into tears. I can't tell if she's happy or sad though. But she pulled me into a huge hug then slowed her breathing down.

"I'm so proud of you my son. You are so talented and I just knew you would become a star." My mom said wiping away her tears

"I'm going away for trainee here in a couple days mom. I just want to give you and dad an easier life. A life where you guys can just relax. I'll work extra hard for you."

My mom then rubbed her stomach and looked a little hesitant.

"Mom?"

"Don't work too hard my son. Your health means more to me than all the money in the world. But umm...your father and I just found out that you're going to be a big brother. So not much relaxing but still a gift." My mom said smiling.

"I'm going to be a big brother?! THAT'S AMAZING!! I ALWAYS WANTED A LITTLE SIBLING."

But then everything came crashing down. I'm not going to be around much. The most I'll be around is through a screen of a computer or a phone screen. My mom hugged me again.

"You're little brother or sister will know who you are. Whether you're next to us or across the country, he or she will know you're thinking about us."

My mom then walked out to let me finish packing. Now I will work my hardest for not just my parents, but for my little sibling as well.

"I'll become a famous idol for you guys. I promise."

.

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed my first chapter or Taeyang Oppa. This story might switch a bit between his real name and stage name to show the closeness that will show the bond between characters. But I hope you will enjoy my story. Please vote 😀🤗