Leaving

Hana's POV

A week has passed and I'm finally being discharged from the hospital. Before I got out of bed, my brother walked in holding an envelope. He looked really nervous though. Seeing him squirm made me nervous. He told me a few days ago that I'll be staying with him but now I think he's regretting his decision.

     "Hey, Hana. We need to talk about-"

    "Are you sending me away? What did I do wrong oppa?"

I covered my eyes with my hands trying to control my sobs.

    "Woah what?! Sending you away? No no, no little sister. I'm not sending you away. This is just legal papers about adopting you and becoming your legal guardian. It will be finalized once you sign these papers."

I looked at my brother then at the door. This just seems unreal.

    "What's wrong Hana?"

    "I keep thinking this is a dream and mommy is going to walk through the door."

He then pulled me in a hug and let everything soak in. My mother died.

    "I love you oppa. Can I see the papers?"

He gave me the papers and smiled down at me. My legal guardian is officially my big brother.

We drove to where my mom and I lived. It seems so empty now. So quiet that it's unsettling. Young-bae walked around and seemed to hold back the tears. We needed to pack up and put the house on the market because we were moving away.

    "Just keep the essentials, Hana. We can't take everything. I'll be in moms room packing when you're done."

After packing everything, I went to my mom's room to find everything untouched. But my brother crying on the floor holding a picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day. I walked over to him hugging him. This is the first time I have seen him cry after the accident.

    "Oh Hana, you finished quickly." He said wiping his tears away.

    "Why are you hiding your tears?"

     "I'm just trying to stay strong for us Hana. But I'm okay now." He sniffed and blinked away his unshed tears.

We finished packing and left the rest to the realtor. I walked through the half-empty house reminiscing about everything until the company car pulled up. Young-bae looked back in and whispered,

    "Bye, mom."

The chapter is slowly ending but my story lives on.

    "Ready to meet your uncles?"

A/N: This is mainly a filler chapter. A chapter where the characters get to say goodbye. The chapters will be a lot longer as well after this.