Adventure

Hana's POV

I looked into his beautiful chocolate eyes that were stunned seeing me after so many months. My words seemed to have disappeared though. 

         "What are you doing here Hana? Thought you'd be back home with Taeyang and Min Hyo Rin."

He sat beside me on the park bench. Watching leaves fall and turn the season to autumn. I just shrugged because that's where I wished to be. But going there means that I'd be getting sent back to a broken place the government calls home. It wasn't a home. It was just a house filled with other children wishing for a new start. But some were getting too old for that. They would be kicked out and left to nothing. So I took a chance on finding my real home, just for a disappointing end.

               "I'm running away actually," I said.

Jin raised his eyebrows and had a small gasp.

    "Running away? Well, that sounds like an exciting adventure. But may I ask why a beautiful girl wants to run away?"

I was too tired to blush at his response and too ashamed to look at his face. I just wanted to run away from all the problems. Maybe if I run far enough, they won't follow. If I told Jin that though, he'll see what a coward I really am. But maybe half the truth will suffice for now.

                        "Just to start over maybe. I'm tired of all the drama happening that maybe I can just escape it for a while."

He nodded his head as if he understood everything. But deep down I knew he wanted to talk me out of the idea to run away. He and all my friends know that once I set my mind to do something, I usually do it.

  "So where would you like to go Hana?"

                    "I can't tell you or else you might tell Haru or even my appa. No one can find me Jin or else then you're not really running away."

      "How about just a hint and a phone number so I can at least know you're safe?"

He reminded me that I was supposed to call Lisa but I wasn't safe yet.

              "I'm still debating Jin. I want to run away so badly but I don't know where."

    "What about your family here? They will be worried about you."

I thought about that too. I would miss them terribly but they wouldn't find me. It's been months and they never found me when I was taken and no media follows me around so I'm just an average person to the outside world.

                          "They'll be fine Jin. They're too busy with their lives to wonder if I'm okay."

I was probably lying since both TOP and Taeyang told me they missed and loved me. But how can you send someone you love away to never speak to them just to tell that little girl you forced away from that it's only for a short time! 

My eyes started to water and my mind was screaming at my family for leaving me.

            "Even if they don't care, I would care. I would worry about your safety and health. So maybe an idea on where you might be?"

His face changed to concern. Fighting back the anger rising on telling me how my plan was foolish and insane to even consider. But he wouldn't understand that everything I once had is gone. How I wish I could go back to where I had my friends, parents, and brothers (as in BigBang) but I can't. He wouldn't understand the pain of loss that beats its emptiness inside of me, yet my pulse still pounds to tell me I get to live to experience that pain and sorrow.

            "And what about school? Food? A roof over your head?

Jin has always been a rational person and at this moment, I hated him. The only thing I knew was how I wanted to get away and that's all that mattered. But long-term thinking....what was I going to do?

                         "I don't know. But sometimes you have to run from your loved one to find your true self." I said.

Jin didn't falter from what I said. He still looked determined to change my mind but didn't want to push me away. So he grabbed my hand.

      "Then let's run away together. I'll know you're safe and you won't be alone." He said in an upbeat tone.

                          "I can't take you! You have a family here and all your hard work at school. You have so much here."

He then downcast his gaze at me.

                              "We're both in a different situation Jin. You have everything right here in front of you. I....just want to find me. As you said, it'd be an adventure."

We sat in complete silence watching the sunset and children leaving the park. The silence was starting to become too much until Jin grabbed my hand and caressing it with his thumb.

              "Let me come with you. I could protect you-"

                     "Jin, I don't even know if I will. Maybe it's just a stupid idea."

The words escaped my mouth but with so little meaning behind them. My mind is made up but I'm too stubborn to admit how crazy it sounds. When it started to get colder and the sky became darker, Jin wrapped his jacket around me and walked me home. Such a peaceful moment in a life full of craziness.

                 "Thanks for walking me home. Want your jacket back?"

                 "Keep it. Looks better on you than on me."

Before I turned to leave, Jin grabbed for my arm.

                 "Wherever you end up, I'll always find you when you need me."

The heat of the moment and I kissed Jin on his lips. Nothing more than 2 seconds but still on his lips. But I blushed hard running inside. Looking through the peephole and I saw a smiling Jin touching his lips which made me smile. Just one last good memory before I took off. 

Walking around the house was deathly quiet. I would expect YoungBae sitting by the entrance to chastise me about staying out late but I don't think he's home. No note, no messages, not a single sound. So I rushed to my room to pack some clothes and a few essentials. Then I grabbed a paper and pen to write my last goodbyes.

                "Dear Appa,

I'm sorry. Actually sorry can't even describe the sorrow I feel like I'm putting you through. But I have to do this because there's nowhere else to go. There's nothing more we can do. I'm scared of what lies ahead but it's better feeling scared then unwanted by the ones you love. So please let me be. I took some clothes and a little out of our savings jar. I'm sorry again for that. Please know that I'll be okay in the end. Just live your life and be happy.

                  I love you appa."

A/N: having some writing/technical difficulties. I tried to replicate how I usually structure my style. But hopefully, there are not too many errors. May come back for edits.