Changed

5 years later
Hana's P.O.V

Pots and pans clashing in the kitchen and the smell of my moms cooking is definitely one way to wake up. Hearing my mom's groans trying to keep quiet is a little comical. I looked out my window seeing the snow flurries fall from the sky. I love seeing snow in December because then it reminds me that Christmas is close.

"Wait, snow...it's my birthday!"

I then rushed to the shower to seize the day bright and early. But before anything, I kissed my fingers and placed them on a frame of my dad. He died 3 years ago from poor health and not seeing a doctor. Kept telling everyone that it was just a little bug that will pass. By the time we finally went into the hospital, it was too late. He couldn't breathe and his body just shut down. I was too young to understand then but I remember my mom crying every day from losing her husband. She called my brother and he had to hear the news over the phone. The first time I ever met my brother was when he came down for the funeral.

Flashback:

"Hey, little Hana. I'm your big brother. I'm glad I finally get to meet you."

My big brother was trying to be the strong one right now. He put a smile on for me but his eyes held so much sadness and unshed tears.

"One day, I'll tell you how amazing and hard working our dad was. He really loved you, Hana. You were and still are the light in our parent's lives.''

My brother kept talking to me but me only being 2 years old, I didn't know what he was talking about. But every year on my birthday my brother will call or video chat and tell me a story about our dad so I can feel close to him as well.

End Flashback.

"Hana! Come down here. You received a package.'' My mom yelled.

I rushed downstairs to see a medium-sized box with a big bow on it. I ripped open the package and saw a brand new laptop. I squealed in excitement and then saw an envelope under the laptop.

"I put the envelope under the laptop because you would have missed it otherwise. But I have skype on there so call me when you get this to get your other present. Love, your big brother.''

I started to frantically run around while my mom was laughing trying to calm me down. But I rarely got to talk to my big brother because he's so busy with him being one of the top k-pop idol bands.

His face then popped up on screen.

''Oppa!! Thank you so much for my present! I love it."

"You're welcome, Hana. Now you and mom can video chat with me whenever you want without leaving the house."

"So what's my other present?"

He started to laugh after I requested for my second gift.

"So I already talked with mom and was wondering if you and mom would like to come to a BigBang concert tonight, then come backstage after to meet the rest of the members and hang out with your big brother?

"YES!! I get to see you perform finally!"

Both my mom and Taeyang started to laugh at my outburst and seeing me rush upstairs to get ready. The concert is hours away but I was too excited to care. I finally get to see my oppa again after 3 years and meet his band friends.

One hour before the concert.

I'm bouncing up and down in my car seat in the back and nonstop talking about the concert. I've never seen my brother perform except seeing their music videos. But that's not a live performance. My mom smiled in the mirror at my excitement.

"Hurry mommy! We're going to be late!"

"It's very slick out sweetheart. But no matter what your brother has reserved us a spot and tickets. We'll be just fine."

We were getting closer to the venue. Until life had other plans. My birthday morning I had my mom. I had my mom 5 minutes ago. But now we're both hanging upside down except my mom struggling to unhook her seatbelt to get to me.

"Mommy?"

My vision was blurry and head pounding.

"My sweet girl....please be good to your big brother."

My mom was wheezing out her words, gasping for air after each word.

"I don't understand mommy?"

"I love you baby girl and I'll always be with you. But let me just rest my eyes while we wait for help."

Her breathing was getting faster as she reached out for my hand. But slowly she rested her head and her eyes closing.

Trying to see my surroundings but only seeing glass all around the ground and car horns blaring through the quiet night. The snow flurries still falling. I start to shiver and rest my eyes. I'm so cold, so tired.

"Oh my God! Someone call an ambulance!!!"

I hear in the distance. But slowly everything becomes black.

"I'm sorry oppa. I'm going to be a little late for your concert today." Was my last thought.

A/N: The song attached was written and performed by a sibling band called "We Three". They performed this song on America's Got Talent. Just thought this beautiful song should be shared.