Dreamland

Hana's P.O.V

I was with my mom eating cake and laughing about something my big brother used to do when he was younger. This was the usual routine for us when we had a little downtime to ourselves. This was my mom's technique in making me feel closer to my brother even though we rarely see each other.

But this time felt different. I don't remember how this day even started. My mom was still laughing and life was still moving but it just didn't feel right. She then brushed her hand through my hair.

"Are you alright sweetie? You seem like your mind is wandering away."

"Mommy? Weren't we driving somewhere?"

My mother smiled down at me. But she was also crying.

"I always knew you were smart."

I was so confused by what she said. Was I right? Everything just seems so fuzzy.

"I love you, my little girl. Just remember that. Your older brother is going to be there for you now though. You'll now get to see him all the time."

Her tears kept falling faster now. I kept wiping them away.

"Why are you crying, mommy? We get to be with oppa all the time now."

"I'm going to be up north for a while Hana. But your daddy and I will be with you and your brother every day."

"But I want to be with you too mommy."

She just hugged me really tight. Feeling her warm embrace, her soft long hair tickling my cheek. I felt like everything will be alright then.

"Just be good to your brother while I'm away. He's going to mess up at times and you're going to experience a life you never knew existed. But he'll always protect you. Stay strong Hana."

The room started to begin to light up. Too bright to keep my eyes open.

"Mommy?! What's happening?!"

"Shh. It's okay."

I started hearing my name being called. I debated to run towards the sound or to remain where I stood. But the voice sounded familiar.

I started to run towards the voice. I know that voice.

"Hana, can you hear me? I'm here now."

"Youngbae?"

My body felt so heavy now. A little bit of stinging like needles prickling on my leg and face. I heard myself groan in pain.

"Hana?!"

I then opened my eyes to see tear stains running down his cheeks. But I couldn't talk. Not like I couldn't, just confused on what all happened.

The doctor ran in checking my vitals.

"Where's mommy? Is she still sleeping?"

Deep down I know what happened. But I was also dreaming and my mommy said she just wanted to sleep. The look on the doctor face said everything.

"Hana? My dear sister. Mommy....mom is...um. She up in heaven with daddy."

He choked up saying that. But I was stunned. So that wasn't a dream?

I started to cry because I felt alone. What happens now? Is Youngbae moving back home with me? Is he going to send me away?

"Excuse me, everyone. My name is Jennie Kim from social services."

My heart dropped seeing the social worker. Am I getting taken away?

A/N: Yay!! Double update. I really hope you all are enjoying the story so far. The picture above is how I imagined Hana and her mother's last moments are like. 😭😢