From the Heart

Hana's POV

Reading the departure board and seeing my hometowns name made me feel a little nostalgic. With me avoiding that place for so long just felt a little weird going back. Kris Wu gave me one last back hug at the airport and promising me to stay in touch. Then came his mother who was sobbing uncontrollably.

    "You may not be my daughter by genetics but you are family to Kris and I and I love you like my own."

She then turned to YoungBae,

    "Thank you for your kindness towards my son and helping him achieve his dream. I owe you my life."

    "No ma'am, you took care of my little sister when you could've just turned another way. If anything, I still owe you because she's all that's left of my family. I can't lose her. Seeing and experiencing all this made me see how important she is. She's been through so much already and I should've been around more for her."

With another hug, we waved goodbye. It was hard leaving them today but their life was about to change with GD and Kris working on his idol career. Getting on the plane, I noticed how almost everyone from the party was here. A little unsettling seeing everyone who just gave me empty stares. Divided on happy seeing me alive but very disappointed at my childish behavior. Even Hyo Rin avoided my eyes. She may have defended me back at the party but I never made up with her properly. She probably hurt her the most since she took time off her career to find me and ruining her reputation on being classified as "unreliable and a flake."

My legs started to shake walking towards her. Mind completely blank on how to even start a conversation. Luckily she spoke first.

   "Hello Hana, where did your brother go?"

Only a question but her voice was flat and eyes cold as ice.

   "Sitting with the guys. May I sit next to you?"

    "You may if you want."

Being so close and the silence felt like torture. The tension building but trying to hold in your emotions so it wouldn't make you say something you regretted.

   "I can say sorry until I turned blue and you being...well you would accept it but only as they are. Just words. I am sorry but I don't know what else to do. I missed you Min but I got scared and did a stupid childish thing not thinking of the consequences. What can I do-"

Min Hyo Rin held up her hand.

    "I am happy your alive Hana. I also promised myself years ago that your brother and you would always have each other no matter the situation. I don't care about my career if it meant that we found you alive. But you were completely fine and able to call, but you didn't. Jobs come and go but family is all that matters. Your family is all here on this plane and all searched day and night trying to find you for 3 years. Eventually, this whole thing will blow over and no matter what, I love you like a sister and a daughter figure. You accepted me so long ago that when you left, I lost the person I was supposed to protect. So don't leave this family ever AGAIN."

Tears started streaming down my face and Min Hyo Rin was wiping them away. Her eyes changed from cold to warm with a sad smile forming on her face. She was right saying how these people on this plane were my family. Looking around, I can place everyone and remember the time I met each one early in my life coming to live in the idol world with my oppa. They didn't look for me out of obligation or a favor. They looked for me because I was a part of their family.

    "I love you too eomma. The day you took your vows with my brother, you also accepted me into your life and I'm going to show you every day how grateful I am for having you in YoungBae and my life."