Missing Hana

Taeyang's POV

I thought she'd be home when I got back. Safe in her bed with everything familiar surrounding her. But she wasn't here. Her drawers open and clothes sprawled around the floor. It wasn't like this before. I walked around with stuff missing and at first, I thought we were robbed. Frantically searching the house to find valuables still there, but a note under Hana's pillow.

"I can't go back to that place people call home. It wasn't a home but a reminder that you weren't wanted. I would rather be out on my own. I'm sorry I took a little out of our savings jar though. I'll be back eventually appa. Please don't worry."

She couldn't have gone that far. So I called the police to report her missing.

Day after day and night after night passed with no news. Posters all over the town and talk show to help me find her. No word and it's been over a month. The police gave up but I never did.

The courts called and another fight broke out.

    "You lost my poor sweet Hana?!"

    "Yours? She's been mine since she was 5! You claim to love her but where were you when we had our parents funeral?! Especially our dad, YOUR BROTHER?!

    "Life sweetie, can't make everything."

      "Mr. YoungBae, settle down."

    What's your endgame auntie? What do you really want out of this all?!

My aunt gave off an overly sweet smile.

    "My little Hana needs a really home. I'm not in the spotlight like you and your friends. I've seen the tabloids where you guys go off to party. Who knows what you do with Hana."

    "Company networking or music awards where I can't cancel. Hana is always home or at the hotel at a respectable time. I've been doing this all for years and yes I've made mistakes but I'm still learning."

    "Yet she ran away and the last one to see her was you!"

I lost it then.

    "I'm honest with her about this whole situation and she got scared thinking you were going to take her! I'm all she has left and I promised her when she was 5 years old that we'd always be together!"

   "Dong Youngbae, that's enough!"

The judge was starting to get frustrated.

    "I'd actually like to see you sir in my office."

My heart stopped for a moment heading down the empty hallway. I mentally prepared a speech why my aunt couldn't provide for Hana like I could. Kept repeating everything in my head.

    "Youngbae, I understand your frustration but you've been doing this for a while. You gave up your young adult life for a child and I want you to understand-"

     "I'm sorry to interrupt sir but I gave up my childhood for the idol life. I wish I had my mom with us everyday because she was an amazing parent. I'm not perfect but I'd give up this life if it meant I can keep my guardianship. I'll pay my aunt if that's what she wants but I'll fight harder if you deny me my sister."

The judge just smiled.  

    "Just find your sister Youngbae and I'll grant you guardianship."

Before I left,

    "Your service is about to start, does Hana have a support system out there?"

    "She has a whole family company looking for her sir."

  "Very well."

I looked everyday for Hana until I was called to report in for my military service. I knew it was coming but I thought I had time but it was more like the exact opposite.