Epilogue

Two Years Later

"Wake up Hana. You have a package down here!"

I hear my brother yelling from down the hall. It brought back a familiar feeling I had when I was just 6 years old. My last moments with my mom calling for me about a present I got from my brother. Today was the anniversary of her death but it also happens to be the same day as my birthday. A day of celebration and regret. Sometimes I wish we didn't get in that car, or I just waited a little longer to leave the house. Would that extra 5 minutes change anything?

I was wondering why YoungBae was calling for me. We usually waited for Christmas to celebrate my birthday because I'm usually too sad to get out of bed. Too many memories, too much regret. My brother did bring back an old tradition he promised though. One I can't remember him promising but he claims he made when my dad died. He would come in with hot chocolate with extra whipped cream and tell me a story about mom and dad. Today though he kept calling me down and then you would hear a clattering of pans falling to the floor. So giving up on any sleep or grogginess, I sluggishly walked downstairs to see a 2 tier cake lit up like a candle factory explode and every candle landed on the cake.

   "Happy birthday Hana!"

Both Min Hyo Rin and YoungBae yelled. I didn't really react due to the fact my eyesight hasn't fully woke up yet and my vision was a little blurry. But my body knew what day it was and confused why they both decided to celebrate my birthday on the exact day this time.

   "Come on Hana, blow out the candles before the wax ruins the cake," YoungBae whined.

He loves cake and today was a cheat day for him so he was eager to pig out a bit. I blew out the candles wishing for the same thing I do every year since I was a little girl. I wished for my family being whole again. No more missing family functions because of a concert, fashion week, or abroad for commercial filming. Just one day where everyone was home. Sometimes it came true but mostly something always came up. Especially with the new addition of BTS coming in the family but they're now worldwide famous that Jin rarely calls me nowadays because every chance he gets, he sleeps. Which I understand completely growing up with BigBang and their "fun"schedule. But I still missed Jin, my friends, and family since I was the odd one out running my uncle's noodle restaurant instead of getting into the music industry. Especially with YG members wanting to buy the song I made for them apologizing to them. The song I made was somewhat a hit to them but declined all offers since it was special to me and a gift for only them.

"What's with the cake guys? Thought we'd just celebrate this next week?" I asked a very eager Min and YoungBae.

   "I know it's a hard time for you Hana. It's hard for me too. But mom wouldn't want you to sacrifice and dwell on this day for as long as we have. This day, she cried over you with joy and dad barely let mom hold you because he was afraid you'd break like a delicate glass doll. They called me begging me to come home to see you the day you were born, but I wasn't allowed to leave much during my training days. Today we're changing things up to feel a little familiarity and maybe bring better memories for you to remember. So after we enjoy this cake, I'll tell you a story about mom and dad, but Min Hyo Rin and I are also your parents, so maybe we all can relive our amazing parenting skills." We both laughed at that.

They are amazing siblings and parent figures I have. I know mom and dad would approve if they could.

"What's in the box?" I asked.

  "Just a present from a special someone." Min Hyo Rin said smiling like she did something bad.

She walked over to bring me the box and it brought back the memories again when I was 6. It was the same shape and size as to when YoungBae bought me a laptop. The envelope was on the top this time. When I opened it though it was a Tablet with a video saved of Haru telling me she's taking me to a concert tonight. I started shaking my head no dropping the tablet on the table.