episode one and two: welcome houseguests

a/n: so i'm obsessed with this season of big brother and i got inspired by literallyobsessed100 's big brother big that i wanted to give it a go...tyler is my favorite player(don't come for me). i have about 2.2k+ words in this part so enjoy! also, i write over on tumblr if you want to follow me on there, the same user as this one:) also there are 17 houseguests because that is easiest

*what viewers see at home premiere night*

"Are you kidding me?!" I screamed as my hands flew to the ground to retrieve a paper key that had fallen from my lab coat pocket. My name was spelled out in bold letters across the neck of the key.

"I'm gonna be on Big Brother 20!" I smiled, jumping in place slightly with my friends by my side.

*cut to you introducing yourself to the viewers*

"Hey all, I'm Y/n and I'm twenty-one years old and am currently a student at UCLA. I am currently majoring in sociology which is basically the study of human's society and interaction patterns. In other words, I'm gonna be able to catch whose lying and whose not in the Big Brother house," I chuckle a bit as I look into the camera.

"I come from a very long line of Big Brother superfans, my family and I are always ready every single summer to watch it. I've always taken note of what to do in certain situations that could occur inside the house and I would want to use that as a secret weapon maybe," I threw a sly wink to the camera.

"Here I come Big Brother!" I hollered as the car drove off, dangling my key outside the window.

*and I just wanted to do this because I thought it would be fun but let's skip to interviews with Ross, sad Jeff wasn't doing it this year:((*

"Okay so we are now herewith, well I will just let you introduce yourself, hun," Ross claimed as he fanned himself with the question cards.

"Oh," I chuckled, "hi I'm Y/n."

He chuckled as well as he picked up on my nervousness, "just relax, hun. So, do you any idea of how you want to play the game?"

"Um, I would say I like to pull a Nicole and stay back until the very end, but I'm just not as reserved and...patient as her. So I wouldn't win a ton of competitions in the first few weeks and I would let the comp beast show who they are. Now if I have to win some comps then I will win those comps. I'm just hoping my social game will take me far."

"So you spoke of Nicole, who have been some of your favorite players?" Ross asked.

"Oh well Nicole of course, I loved that she did prove herself worthy at the end of BB18. A favorite in my household is Derrick because duh, he's like everyone's favorite. Paul was a decent player, I didn't like the way he got to final two the second time, but it's whatever. And I loved Ian, loved Cody from last season. And also Dan is probably my all-time favorite Big Brother player," I shook my head at myself as I realized I was beginning to ramble.

"So some of the players you listed were in a showmance. Would you ever get into a showmance? Or do you see it as a stupid move?" Ross smirked as he saw my face heat up.

"I tell myself I won't get into a showmance, but I could end up in one. Maybe. I don't know. I don't see it as a stupid move because they are normally power duos that do amazing in the game. It's a good advantage I think, but if I was in one I wouldn't let the house know. I would only be in one if I genuinely liked the other half," I shrugged, crossing my leg over the other.