Chapter 14: Apologies and Secrets

Thank you guys for 103 reads on my book! I want to have at least 110- 120 reads on the whole book, by Chapter 20 maybe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niall's POV

When April finished talking, she kept crying for a while. I may have been mad about her not telling me, but she didn't deserve to be treated like that. No one does. We huddled around her, whispering sweet nothings on her ear. Her parents better be lucky they left to America or I would've been over there beating the living shit out of her dad. Well, adopted dad. You know what I mean.

Once she calmed down, she sat there staring at us, waiting for us to speak. None of us have said anything since she finished talking. Except when we were whispering stuff in her ear a second ago.

"We could've helped. I know you didn't trust us, but you could at least know us enough that we wouldn't tell anyone," Louis stated quietly. We all nodded agreeing with him.

"I know. It was just me. I'm weird like that,"She laughs hoarsely. Probably from all the crying she's done.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hottie so mad. I was just a little hurt you didn't tell me. I thought that we've gotten close enough to share stuff like that with each other," I whispered. This probably sounds cliché, but I love her. She's my sister and I just want to protect her.

"I love you, I really do love you Niall. I was just insecure and scared. Like I said before, I don't trust easy. Sadly, that included you. I'll try to be more open now, I promise. I don't want to lose you guys. If it means I have to tell you every single thing I do in a day, then I will. I really do love you guys," She said to us.

"WE LOVE YOU TOO POOKIE!" Louis screamed. I swear, one day he is going to make our ears bleed. He then comes crashing on top of April, knocking her to the ground. I snort, trying to keep my laughs in when I hear her groan.

"Pookie?" She asked Louis confused. Louis quickly poked her cheek.

"Yeah. Harry's boobear, Liam's is LiLi, Nialls is Ni or nini, And Zayns is zee," Louis filled her in on our nicknames. I'm glad he didn't say the embarrassing ones we made up. Never. Again.

"Well that's nice. Please get your fat arse off me, Louis," She groans from underneath him. Gross, that sounded disgusting.

"I know it's plump and round, but fat? Nooooo. Your delusional," Louis told her.

"Whatever. And I am not delusional. Arsehole," She muttered the last part to herself, but we heard her. If you listen more attentively, you can hear the slight Irish accent she has. She may be part American, but she's got half Irish in her. If not more.

"Niall, can we get I've cream?" Louis asks me. He better give me money.

"Fine, but were going to the store and buying it. It would be unfair to the others," I told him while walking towards the door. " The rest of you, keep on eye on April till I get back, please."

"2 years! I'm not 9!" She exclaimed. I actually like our fussing. It reminds me that were actually siblings and were acting like it. I chuckle at her before steeping outside with Louis beside me with car keys in hand.

------------

April's POV

The door closes after the two boys when they left to get ice cream. I turn to the other 3 boys. I immediately spot Liam's deep brown eyes. How could I have liked a boy this much in such a short time? I'm not in love, I might never, but you can never tell. Maybe I might fall in love with this beautiful boy in the future. That's what scares me. What if he does what Michael did? What if he cheats? Or leaves me? What if he gets tired of me after so long?