Chapter 35: Nightmares and School

April's POV

I gasped and snapped my eyes open. My breathing was rapid and my forehead and body was bathed in cold sweat. It happened again.

I've been having nightmares for the past 3 nights. They were all the same, just in different scenarios. My parents and I when I was a child and me being beaten but it would be in a different setting.

I looked over at the clock beside my bed and it turns out it's only 1:30 am. I went to bed at 1, so I haven't been asleep that long. I close my eyes and turn on my side, trying to sleep. I opened my eyes once again and pulled my phone over toward me and turned it on. I squinted when it flashed brightly in my face before typing in my passcode and going towards my music app.

I've always used music to help me sleep. When I'd wake up from a nightmare I would turn music on quietly or stick in my earbuds and try to go back to sleep.

I pressed shuffle on my 'Sleep' playlist and laid it back on the desk by my bed. I laid back and closed my eyes and let the sound of Ed Sheeran's voice lull me to sleep.

***1 hour later****

I let out a small scream the same exact time I opened my eyes. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying not to think about the nightmare I just had.

I look over at the clock and see it was 2:30 am. I sighed and got out of bed and walked out of my room quietly. Once I got to the kitchen, I got a pack of skittles and a bottle of water. I walked quietly back to my room and shut the door. I plopped back down onto my bed and opened the bag of skittles. Since I keep waking up almost every hour then I'll just stay awake. I don't wanna have another nightmare.

That's how I spent the rest of my morning. I ate my skittles and watched some Netflix. Once my clock hit 6:30 a.m, I got out of bed and started a shower.

Since Christmas break doesn't start for another few days for public schools, I'm stuck with going to school. For now. That means I'm stuck with Michael and Rachel for another while week. Lifes a real pain in the ass.

I took a quick shower and used my most favorite body wash ever. Coconut. Like, seriously, who doesn't like coconut? Unless your allergic then I'm so sorry you can't come near this stuff called heaven.

I dried off and pulled on my undergarments and my grey and black Aztec leggings and my grey loose, long sleeve shirt. I slipped on some fuzzy green and black socks and slid on my grey studded converse. I brushed my curls and threw a All Time Low beanie on my head before walking down the hallway towards the kitchen.

I put a K-cup in the coffee maker and put my favorite mug under it. I made a piece of toast and washed an apple and began eating it. Once my coffee was done, I put creamer and sugar in it and stirred. I finished off my breakfast and headed back inside my room to finish my outfit.

I put on a light pink scarf, my sliver dog tag necklace that says 'fearless', and my pearl stud earrings. I put eyeliner on top lid and my waterline and some pink lip gloss. I grab my floral print backpack and my faux leather moto jacket with a hoodie and head towards the door.

[ http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=10796385&.svc=copypaste&id=135493056 ]{Polyvore: aboobear. Set is called School (35)}

"I can take you if you'd like?" Ryan asks me. I look over and see him on the couch in the living room, watching..........Teen Wolf? I raise an eyebrow and look back towards him.

"I was about to turn it," He said before turning it on Abc Family.

"Yeah, okay. Anyway, I could use a ride," I nod towards him and open the front door. He got up and that's when I noticed he was just in a pair of sweatpants and a v-neck.