Chapter 32: New Friends and Therapy Sessions

April's POV

I've been here for one full day and I already hate it. Most of these people are depressing and cry about why they're here and how they're depressed over shit. Those are just the people from this anorexic group therapy thing I'm in. The private therapy sessions are stupid and meaningless. Do you know when in books and stuff people that are the therapist person asks you 'how are you feeling?' or 'how are you doing?'? Well that's actually real. And it's complete and utter shit.

Niall and Ryan got a call from these idiots yesterday to tell them I'm okay and everything and they tried to make me talk to them. Yeah, that didn't happen. Whenever your relative or someone calls to check up, your allowed to speak to them for a few minutes, but I didn't take that chance. I'm still furious and I'm thinking this fury isn't going anywhere for a while.

So here I am, in this cheap ass room I'm going to be staying in for 3 months. Life sucks. I already figured that out, but it sucks even worse now. Life is like a bipolar person who changes attitudes and emotions every 5 seconds. Life must really hate me because all I've gotten is crap.

I do have a roommate. His name is Darren. He has another friend named Jasmine. Jasmine is really sweet and she lives in the room across from us. She's here because she used to have really bad depression and cut herself on her arms and thighs.

Darren's here because he has trauma from when he got beat by his parents and people at school everyday. He has nightmares at night and when they get really bad, he'll wake up screaming for 15 minutes unless someone can calm him down. Since his parents beated him, they aren't his guardians anymore and when he goes back home, he'll have foster parents. He's actually excited to meet them. He said he met them once and were as sweet as could be. He said he's going to have a little sister and a little brother. The people adopted him because they heard about what happened and they love children, so they wanted to take him, no matter how old he was.

Jasmine is a different story. She lives with a foster family and has no one. She has no friends, siblings, and her parents don't even speak to her unless needed. She had no one to talk to and no one to show how much they love her. It's terrible. Some people in rehab just wanted to come here to get out of school or something so they starved themselves till they were anorexic. These people are idiots.

"You have therapy in 5 minutes and you have a 10 minute walk," Darren reminds me when he walks in the room. He had an amusing smile on his face and watched me as I lay in my bed, doing nothing.

"Yeah, I know. Why do you think I'm laying down?" I ask him with a laugh. He laughs lightly at me before sitting in the edge of my bed, shaking his head in amusement.

"They might help. They only know about your anorexia and your kidneys. At least they don't know about you cutting or anything or you would be in here longer," Darren told me. I let out a breathe and looked up at the ceiling. I told Darren and jasmine about me cutting. They told me everything, so I told them. I even asked if they knew people like Bryan. They couldn't say much because the lunch bell rang before I could ask about Danielle. So, I will today. After my stupid therapy session apparently.

"Come on. Go to your session. You know, they will come over here and take you there if you don't go and get their on time," Darren tells me. I grumble under my breathe and get off my bed. I was still dressed in my sweatpants and tank top, but it doesn't really matter because I'm just going to a therapy session. Might as well be comfy, right?

"I'll see you in an hour," Darren called out to me. I waved at him without turning around. I made my way around the halls and everything before, finally, coming up to my therapists room. Her name was Ms. Ferra. She seems calm and everything, but she's crazy and scary in reality. She talks about weird shit all the time. I knock on her door twice before I hear a chirpy 'come in'. I open the door and see Ms. Ferra sitting on top of her desk with her weird dog, coco. She has some weird poodle that's shaved to be like the lion from lion king, but her hair is curly. That's offenses to us curly haired people.