Chapter 33: Special Events and A New Family

April's POV

It's Thanksgiving and guess where I'm at? I'm still in this crazy house. Since it is thanksgiving though, they are serving a turkey dinner and the usual they have at Thanksgiving. Everyone is going to be at a table in this special dining room they have and all the nurses are coming too and we're going to eat as 'a nice whole family'. Gee, thanks.

Today is Friday and they are supposed to be calling Niall and Ryan. I haven't spoken to them and the rest of the boys in so long. I'm supposed to be mad, but I'm feeling a little homesick and since I can't visit London, I want a little something I know that's in London.

Dinner is in 30 minutes and we're all supposed to dress up like we usually do for thanksgiving dinner. I've never truly had a real Thanksgiving dinner, except for the time when we went to my grandpa and grandma's house. Even though we weren't related, I truly loved my grandma and grandpa. They were so nice and funny and sweet as could be. I miss them very much.

Back to my beginning topic. I'm getting dressed in a simple black long sleeve dress with a high neckline. I slipped on a cream colored cardigan and cream high heeled lace up platform booties. I put my hair in a messy loose crown fishtail braid updo. I put some red lipstick and mascara on and waited for Darren to finish getting dressed. You know when people say guys don't take long to change? That's a lie. Darren takes his precious time. It's annoying.

[ http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=10796385&.svc=copypaste&id=134020907 ]{Polyvore account: aboobear. The set is called SNA Ch.33}

After another 5 minutes, he finally comes out in a white dress shirt and some dark, almost black, jeans. When we walked out, we waited for Jasmine to make her lovely appearance out into the hallway, mostly because we were in people's way. She soon came out dressed in a light pink dress and black heels. Her pastel purple hair was in a neat French braid and hanging on the side of her left shoulder.

"Let's go to our non fancy Thanksgiving dinner shall we?" I ask in a posh accent. They all laugh and nod at me before grabbing either one of my arms and walking beside me towards the dining room.

Once we get inside the dining room, we pick out our seats and take a seat, waiting for our dinner. I aimlessly talk with Jasmine and Darren while they're all cooking the dinner. Like I said before, everyone that works here comes to the dinner and eats with all of us. Just like a family would. I would be perfectly fine just sitting in sweats and eating regular dinner with Jasmine and Darren, but that obviously wouldn't work.

"We get to go home 2 weeks before Christmas ever. I'm so excited. I've never had an actual Christmas, ya know. I've only ever looked at all the Christmassy stuff online, but not a real Christmas with presents and family and pets and all of that," Jasmine rambles. I giggle at her and nod along with her. She was too adorable.

"We can get our flights for London this weekend then. I'll have to actually talk with my brothers, so I can actually pay for the flight, but it'll be worth it," I tell them. They smile at me gratefully and were about to say something but were interrupted by the sound of wheels rolling across the floor. The chefs set all the food down before talking seats near the end of the table and chatting. One of the nurses with blonde hair stands up before we can eat, most likely to make a speech.

"I know you all hate having to be at rehab, but all of us have grown close in some way. You all deserve this. Your all my second family. I love you all very much. I don't know everyone in a deep personal way, but I do some more than others. Thank you guys for coming to this dinner with all of us," She says. Some people start clapping while others stare at her with a smile on their faces. She tells us we're aloud to eat and it's like a hound digging into meat for the first time.