Chapter 18: Heartache and Broken Promises

April's POV

Shit.

That's what I feel like. I feel like complete and utter shit. I was probably his rebound after Danielle. He probably wanted to make her jealous. He doesn't like me. He doesn't like me the way I like him. He'll probably come back and tell me we can still be friends. I can't do that. I would rather never talk to him again than be friends.

I quietly ran to Nialls room, hoping him and Riley aren't doing anything gross. I knock on his door instead of opening it. If they are doing the nasty, I don't want to walk in on them.

"It's open!" Niall yelled through the door. I open it quietly while trying to mask all emotions off my face. I saw him and Riley sitting on his bed, hugging. Riley looks up and smiles.

"Hey. What's up?" She asks. I look at Niall, hoping he would get the message. I don't want to be mean, but I don't trust her that much yet. I look back over at her.

"I was kinda hoping I could talk to Niall, but if I'm interrupting anything, I guess it can wait till tomorrow," Niall shakes his head and stands up.

"Me and Riley were just saying goodnight actually. You didn't come at a bad time," I give him a grateful smile and wait for them to exchange goodbyes. Seeing them kiss just reminds me of Liam and Danielle kissing in the hall. Liam had a towel around his waist and Danielle was in a freaking tshirt. No pants, just a tshirt. Niall turns to me, seeing the grim expression on my face and pats the seat beside him. I sit beside him and he pulls my head to his chest and puts his other arm around my back.

"What's wrong buttercup?" I laugh slightly at the nickname. He gave it to me after our Reese's cup competition. I won, of course, so he gave me the nickname buttercup.

"It's a long story, so please don't say anything till I'm finished," I look up at him through my lashes and see him nod down at me.

"After that day we played truth or dare, me and Liam became closer and we started to have somewhat of a secret relationship. We weren't actually 'dating', but we did like each other and treat each other like we were," I felt Niall tense slightly under me, but I continued.

"We were going to tell you and ask you if it was okay to date, but the case was in the way and the girls were coming and I didn't wanna ruin this weekend for you, but I was planning to tell you this weekend anyway. The reason I came in here to talk to you was because," I pause, trying not to think of Liam and Danielle, but considering I was talking about them made it hard.

"I was in Liam's room, waiting for him to get out of the shower so I could take one, but he was taking too long to get back, so I went into the hall towards the bathroom to look for him. I look down the hallway and saw him and Danielle kissing," My voice cracked on the last word. I trusted him. Of course it's going to hurt knowing he betrayed me.

"I trusted him Niall. He said that I didn't need to worry about Danielle being here. I didn't need to worry about them getting back together or getting close to each other. He told me to trust him, so I did. God, I'm such an idiot! Why does everyone do this to me! This is the second time something like this happened," I was now crying like a baby. Poor Niall. This was his favorite shirt. He rubbed my back pulling me closer into his chest. I kept sobbing for a few more minutes before calming down till I was just hiccuping. I looked up at him, only to see he was looking down at me with worry and concern in his eyes.

"Can I sleep in your room tonight? I'm not sleeping in his room, please," I begged quietly. I wasn't going back into a room with him. I probably wasn't even going to talk to him for a while. I just need a break. I just want my brother, I need my brother.

"Of course. I'm gonna go downstairs and get something to eat, you want anything?" He stood up and headed for the door and turned around to look at me. I gave him a small smile.

"Skittles, please," He laughed at me before nodding and walking out the door. I looked around at his room, admiring the blue walls. He had a picture of him and a older woman with short blond hair and a guy that looked a little older than Ryan. I'm guessing that's Maura and Greg. I still haven't met them. Niall did talk about Greg being married with a baby. Niall walked back inside the room with a bag of skittles and some Oreos and Nutella. Ah, the wonders of having a brother. Or 2. Actually 3. Life is so difficult. I have him a grin and snatched the skittles out of his hands.

"Thank you, Ni," I shoved a hand full of skittles into my mouth. Why do they have to be so good?!? Me and Niall stayed up till 2 a.m, talking about Greg, Maura, kicking Liam's ass, the band, the interview that I didn't know they had tomorrow, and a surprise he had for me. The surprise? Yeah, he didn't tell me. He said he would tell me tomorrow. We soon went to sleep after that.

I don't know what tomorrow is going to be like, but all I know is that Liam Payne is now, and forever, not trusted.

______________________________________________________________

Thank you for 177 reads! My goal is 180 reads before posting chapter 20. Thank you for reading my book! Love you!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

APRIL❤️XX