Chapter 40

Aria
I made my eyes flutter open as I cuddled more into the pillow. I inhaled the yummy scent that was my mates. A groan left my lips when I realized I needed to pee. I waddled my way over to the bathroom and I did my business. When I came back out I finally got to look and see my mates room.

I sat on the bed wondering what to do next when my breathing became heavy

I sat on the bed wondering what to do next when my breathing became heavy. I abruptly grabbed the pillow to muffle my scream when it suddenly stopped. His scent calmed me down. As much as I like his pillow I needed him so I began my short walk to his office. When I reached it I didn't even knock I just walked in. He looked up from his paperwork and smiled as I made my way towards him. Once I reached him I hugged him taking in long lungfuls of his scent. "You smell really good Ri Ri" I mumbled into his neck as I brushed my nose up and down. I heard him chuckling as he held me with one arm. While he continued to work with the other. I stayed there in his arms smelling him which is weird until we heard a knock on the door. I heard Riley say come in but I didn't even look up as the person came in. "Riley we never finished our conversation" he then all of a sudden stopped talking. "Am I interrupting something" he asked "no Bennett come in she's almost asleep let's just get this over with. They started talking but I didn't realize that I was this tired. Until I found myself closing my eyes and slipping into darkness.

Three hours later
I woke up in my own room which made me pout. I skipped all the way to the living room where I met up with Corbin. We played for a little while until I felt this unbearable pain. I dropped to the ground groaning in pain. "What's wrong Aria"I faintly heard Corbin ask I could barely hear him over my cries of pain. My body was almost numb before all of a sudden I felt something warm engulf me. I sighed in content as the feeling of warmth overloaded the pain until it was completely gone. "It's ok Aria I'm here" I heard Riley say as he held me rocking me back and forth. I need you you smell so good I whispered. My nose started at his shirt all the way up to his chin then to his cheek. I stared at him as my nose met his. He shook his head brushing his nose against mine. He then moved my head so that it was in the crook of his neck where I stayed there breathing in his scent coating myself in it was the only way I could function properly right now. By the end of my session of coating in his scent I realized that we were in the meeting room with five other alphas. When I made eye contact with them my face heated up and a buried my face back in. "I'll get you back for this Ri Ri" I muttered through the Mind link. He laughed and just held onto me tighter as he continued with his meeting. The meeting was pretty boring but one word caught my attention and the word was rouge. My body started to shake as memories of rouges that tried to tear me apart ran through my mind. I blinked a couple times trying to focus again but I couldn't. My hands gripped Riley's shirt pulling him to me. I literally shoved my face into his shirt taking in his scent moving my head all the way up to his neck where I stayed there. "You ok Aria" I heard in my head I reluctantly shook my my head no. Without warning he got up and started to walk out. By the time we were at his bedroom door I was sobbing as the memory played over and over again. He held my head in his neck as he opened the door. He then proceeded to walk over to his bed and place me in it. He tucked me in and than sat next to me. "What's wrong my little Luna" he soothed. His eyes darkened as I told him my memory and he just stared at me with sorrow filled eyes as I started to get tired. I saw him smile a little as he tucked me in even more letting the warmth of the comforter lull me to sleep. "Go to sleep my little Luna I'll be here when you wake up."With my eyes closed the last thing I remember is a kiss that was placed onto my forehead.