Chapter 2

And here's the next part! I hope you'll enjoy it!

Keeping to the shadows he followed the couple hurry through the streets. He kept an eye on the two figures until they were safely aboard the ship, which set sail the following morning.

No else followed them. He had made sure of that. Though there were still one person left to deal with now that they were safe. But not for long.

He had things to do. And when he was finished he would find her again, he would always find her again.

______________________________________

Right now Celaena was frowning at him. It was lovely frown, especially with the sunrise making the gold in her eyes look like fire. But right now he was the reason for that, only because he once again brought up the fact that they would have get jobs as soon as they arrived.

«I will not. I repeat, I will not work as a barmaid. And that is not up for discussion, it simply won't happen.» she folded her arms in front of her chest to emphasize exactly how much she meant those words.

«It would only be until I find something else, nothing permanent» he had lost count how many times he had tries to reason with her. «Since we didn't get the money for the contract we've got nothing to fall back on, and barmaid is one of the easiest jobs to get. Especially for you.» her nostril flared at that last remark. «Just for a couple of weeks, Celaena, and then you can quit. Promise»

She sighed through her nose and turned to look out across the vast, blue ocean.

After a moment she looked back at him, her frown now gone. «I don't know anything about... barmaiding.»

A laugh escapes before he could contain it. «I don't think that's a word.» she sent a scathing look his way. «Hey,» he put hand under her chin, looking straight into her gorgeous eyes, «you can do whatever you put your mind to. None of us knows how to be anything but assassins, but we will make things work.» he leaned in to kiss her forehead, and she brought her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

«Fine, but just for a few weeks. That's the limit of my barmaiding.» she said into his chest.

«That is still not a word, Celaena.» he said while trying not to laugh.

She just looked up at him with a smirk and said «It is now.»

She rested her head on his chest as they watched the sun rise ever higher in the sky. Gods, he could not believe that this was actually happening. They would finally begin a new life, a new beginning, together. Even if they had no money, he still considered himself to be the luckiest man alive.