Chapter 3

Now they were making headway. The coast of Eyllwe was now to their north, and nothing was between them and their new home anymore. Except ocean, that is. Celaena was sitting across from Sam on their bed in the little room they live in on the ship, bored and deprived of anything to do they resorted to playing cards. And to her great annoyance and growing irritation, Sam was winning. Again. Judging from his smirk he knew he had her, and he enjoy every rutting moment of it.

"I'm tired of this, I'm going for a walk." There was no way in hell she would finnish this round of cards, not with that awful losing hand...

"We've already gone for walks five times today." Sam said as he leaned back against the wall. She leaned back as well, putting her cards face-down on the bed. "There won't be anything to do on deck this time either."

"Any ideas then, because I'm sick of this game, this ship, and the salty air" she knew she sounded whiny but couldn't help. She was just so bored, and the Southern Continent was still far into the horizen.

«Hmm, there might be something...» Sam said as he was slowly moving closer to her. «It's a very old game, but everyone plays it at some point in their lifetime...» despite trying to stay calm her heart was racing in anticipation now. She couldn't for all the world look away from his eyes and the mischief they were radiating.

Celaena leaned in to kiss him just as the bastard attacked.

His fingers were full on the offensive on her ribs, her stomach, practically on all her ticklish spots. She squealed and laughed and squirmed, trying to get out of his reach to no avail as he kept tickling.

Celaena twisted and grabbed him around torso and pulled him down, but tried to roll away at the time making them both tumble out of the bed. She breathed out a laugh as she landed on top of him, grinning like an idiot. She leaned, and kissed him deeply.

They stayed like that for a long time, just feeling, touching each other. Pouring all the emotions she was unable to verbally express to him through this kiss. She felt complete, whole.

About two hours later they still lay there in each others arms, just relaxing. She rested her head on his chest, listening to the strong beat of his heart while he lazily stroked her hair. She wished that this moment could last forever.

The moment was interrupted though. By a strange sensation that prickled all over her skin, and a feeling of something uncurling, waking up inside her. Her entire body went rigid within a second. No, no, no. How is this possible, it... it's...

«Celaena, what's wrong?» he must have sensed her tensing up, of course he would since she was sprawled on top of him.

She just raised her head and looked at him. But she didn't know how to tell him, or even how to explain it. The magic. But even though she said nothing, her eyes spoke volumes of her fear.

«Tell me,» he stroked the hair out of her faced and tucked it behind her ear. «you're not alone. Whatever it is, let me help, Celaena»

The kindness and concern in his eyes took her breath away. So she took a few deep breaths to calm her galloping heart.

Her voice shook as she said, «my... it's...» swallowed, once, twice. She closed her eyes «There's magic here, my magic is back.» she hated her voice shaking, for the weakness it revealed.

His hand cupped the side of her face, and opened her eyes and look straight into his. No fear. No disgust. Just kindness and determination.

«Then we'll deal with it, together.» and gave her the smile that she loves so much. She clamped her lips together to keep them from wobbling, but her eyes watered so she hid her face against his chest.

He kissed the top of her head and stroke her back. «It will be alright, you're not alone.»

Next chapter will be about a certain cloaked vigilante-fae!