Chapter 45

«If he says no, then I'll show him exactly how not sorry I am for wrecking his town.» she hissed while pacing back and forth in their room at the Ocean Rose Inn. Rowan just leaned back in the bed against the headboard and watched as embers floated around his mate, who was still fuming for apologizing to the pirate. «I mean, what more could he want? I offered Ilium and the title as Lord and King, and he'll just consider it!» she threw herself on the bed, burying her face in the pillows and screamed.

Rowan clamped his lips together to keep from laughing. «Don't you think you're overreacting just a little bit?»

She didn't bother to answer him, just growled into the pillow. Rowan looked at the clock atop the dresser, almost seven. He rose from the bed, stretching his arms above his head. Aelin peeked up to see what he was doing when he stuffed his feet into his boots. «Where are you going?» she asked, and frowned up at him.

He leaned over the bed and ruffled her hair. «I've got something I need to do.» he simply said, then headed towards the door.

«What is it?» she sat up and crossed her legs.

He just smiled at her, and sent a cool breeze to caress her neck. «I'll tell you later.» then he waved at her and left before she could any more questions.

_______________________________________

Aelin stared at the closed door with pursed lips. The anger and humiliation for apologizing was still riding her, and wrecking havoc on her mood. She stuck her tongue out at the door, and at the mate who had just walked out on her.

She had meant it. If Rolfe says no then she'll burn his entire stupid island, until there was nothing more than just rocks and ashes left of it. She exhaled sharply through her nose, smoke rolled out as she did. She climbed out of bed and shrugged on her jacket, maybe a walk would cool her temper.

Stomping over to the door, she wrenched it open and froze as she almost crashed into Galan. «Ah, I just came to ask if you wanted to go for a walk.» he said, and smiled at her.

«Fine.» she grumbled.

They walked in silence along a long stretch of beach. From the corner of her eye she could see Galan struggling to keep a straight face, constantly fighting off a smile on his lips. This only fueled her already pissy mood, no one seemed to understand how much this irked her. Not even Rowan, which stung more so than anything else.

The beach curved around the island, and the town was now out of sight. The stars blinked down at her from the cloudless night, even they seemed joyous this night. Aelin pursed her lips and stared angrily down at the sand and kicked it, spraying sand in front of her. Galan glanced at her, then grabbed her arm forcing her to stop and face him.

He was probably going to lecture on how childish her behaviour was... The thought had her fuming even more.

«I need to put this over your eyes now.» he said and held up a piece of cloth, a blindfold.

«Why?» she asked drily, and narrowed her eyes at him.

«Just trust me.» a smile bloomed on his face. She sighed heavily and shrugged.

He tied the blindfold over her eyes, secured it and made sure she couldn't see anything at all. He took her hand and lead her further down the beach, then helped her climb up some rocks, then down again on the other side.

«Count to 30, then take it off.» he whispered close to her ear, then he let go of her hand and went back the way they had come from.

While she stood there silently counting. With her arms crossed and lips pursed, she tried sniffing the air to get any hint to what was going on. But she sensed nothing.