Chapter 41

She traced lazy kisses up his jaw, then nibbled on his earlobe, he let out quiet purr. Rowan dozed on their giant feather bed, with her snuggled tight to his side. She slowly stroked his chest, admiring the rock hard muscles that moved woth every breath he took. He yawned, showing of his gleaming fangs, then turned to look at her. A slow, wonderful smile spread across his face, she would never tire of that smile. «What do you say about a round two?» he said, and began touching her on all the right places, igniting her.

«I wish I could, but I need to get ready for the journey to Varese.» she said, even though her body said something else entirely, eagerly responding to his touches.

«I know.» he muttered into her hair, but his hands did not stop, only continued to explore her curves. «I'm sending twelve guards to escort you to Varese.» he said.

«Is twelve guards really necessary to escort me? Can we negotiate it down to six?» Aelin said, putting forth her best, and cutest pleading face.

«Not a chance, Princess. I have to stay here a bit longer to organise everything with the army, and since I can't go, the guards will protect my mate until we're back together again.» he said in a tone suggesting that he would not budge, no matter her arguments. But she did understand, he was afraid that something were to happen if he wasn't around, like on the beach in Eyllwe with Maeve... Aelin sighed, then sat up in the bed.

«Fine, but I can take care of myself you know, my overprotective buzzard.» she said, she climbed on top of him then leaned down so their noses almost touch. «How does it feel to be king?»

His hands travelled up her thighs. «I'm still getting used to it, I honestly did not expect this at all.» he grabbed her hips, then spun her around pinning her underneath him. «You know... I could consider an alliance with a certain Queen of Terrasen.» he said, his eyes glinting in the morning light.

«Mhm, and under what terms would you want this alliance to come about, Your Majesty?» she bit her lip and arched her back, pressing herself against him. He groaned at her movement, but then he reached for the drawer in the nightstand and picked something up. He rose up and climbed out of bed, while dragging her with him as well.

Her heart began thundering in her chest as she saw the black velvet box in his hands when he knelt down on one knee before her. «I know you already consider us betrothed, but I still wanted to ask you this question. Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, will you marry me again?» he popped open the lid to reveal the silver ring set with an astonishingly beautiful emerald the size of the nail on her little finger.

«Yes, yes, Rowan. Of course I will marry you.» she tried and failed to keep her eyes from flooding when Rowan carefully slid the ring unto her finger, and beamed up at her. He rose and gathered her in his arms, and kissed her deeply. «I love you, Rowan.» she moaned in between kisses.

«I love you too, Aelin.» he whispered against her lips.

_______________________________________

Aedion walked through the bright halls of his uncles castle, heading towards the throne where he gad been summoned. The guards still trailed after everywhere he went, his uncle still did not trust him one bit. But his stay here at the castle had beeb liveable thanks to Prince Galan, who genuinely seemed to believe Aedion about Aelin.

The guards opened the door leading into the enormous throne room, then he walked inside stepping up to where his uncle sat at his throne. Galan sat next to his father, looking slightly annoyed. Probably because this had become a daily meeting, where King Glaston practically interrogated Aedion about his time in the King's service, and about Aelin and what she was up to. The only problem was that his uncle never seemed convince, even after Aedion retold everything for the hundredth time.