Prologue

"You are most definitely not cut out to be a hero, (L/N)," the teacher continued, "The only person without a developed quirk in this class is you, and I highly doubt the UA would accept a quirkless." The class laughed and I just sat there, my face flushed and insides churning uncomfortably.

So that's what they refer to them as now. Just quirkless. Not even a quirkless human. The public views people with quirks as the norm, and doesn't even consider those without them. Now that the dynamic of quirk-wielding heroes is accepted into society, most people are aligning their views with the public eye. 

Those with powerful quirks are extolled, and those of us who are less fortunate are shamed and belittled for something that's beyond our control.

Frankly, I am and have been tired of it. For such a long time I've put up with the incessant chatter that followed my title of a quirkless. Classmates, teachers, even other parents were constantly talking about the fact that I didn't, and will never have a quirk.

I didn't want to endure it anymore.

So I made a promise to myself.

When I get into the UA, I'll become a hero that everyone can look up to, and protect people, inspiring them, showing society that you can be a hero even without a power, that you can reach higher points through hard work, resilience, and a bit of heart.

I'll train harder than anyone else and prove them wrong.