XXXIII

We looked upon the screen, watching the hero fight. The whole crowd, the whole world looked upon that screen and watched the hero fight. The hero against the villain. Two obviously either wrong or right, as viewed by society and the general public.

All Might, bruised and battered, stood in the face of defiance and fought. I could feel the pain he was going through, I could feel the courage flowing through his veins. The sensations were almost reality as I watched the battle with tears in my eyes.

"You caused this, didn't you?" I thought to myself. "If you weren't so stupid, you could have saved All Might the war. You could have not gotten captured. Now thanks to you, the whole world will lose its protection." Was I the end of All Might?

I looked down at my shaking hands, my mind unable to capture more of the fighting scene.

"Defeating heroes is what villains do. Killing off heroes is what villains do." My hands rubbed together, squeezing themselves tight. "But you're quirkless, and there has never been a quirkless hero before. But there are quirkless villains. Hundreds of them. Robbers, thieves, and murderers. You robbed the world of its Symbol of Peace, you stole the only thing standing in between the chaos of evil and society. You murdered All Might's flame.

"Iida was right. You're no better than a villain." I heard the crowd roar in a fury, chanting at the large screen that laid in front of us. My head slowly raised as everything faded, the sidelines becoming blurry splotches of color, the sound going white. All I could see was the nearly defeated hero, standing on his feet while All For One laid on the ground, defeated.

My mouth went dry as I saw him point at the camera. I couldn't hear the audio. His mouth moved and I felt responsible. It was like he was blaming me. Pointing his finger at me. Of course. I was the cause of his dying glory. My eyebrows furrowed and my mouth moved, letting out tiny whispers.

"I'm sorry, All Might."

__ 

The following days were spent reading books in the hospital, catching up on the latest episodes of TV series, and recovering from my injuries. Once I was let go, I was greeted immediately by my crying parents, who flung themselves on me.

"(Y/N)-!" My mother sobbed, holding my body close to hers. "My baby, you're alive! I was so scared and-" I smiled, embracing them back.

"I'm okay. Don't worry." Surprisingly, I didn't feel anything. I just was semi-relieved my parents had come to see me, my mind still preoccupied with the matters that occurred the days before.

"(Y/N)," my dad whispered, tears welling up in his eyes, a hand cupping my cheeks. "We missed you so much." I gave him a smile and placed my hand on his, allowing him to lean in and kiss my forehead. We all stayed there in a giant embrace, with them relishing the fact that their child was still alive. 

Finally, I'd begun to felt pricks of emotions break through, my heart starting to pound, realizing the realness of the situation. I sighed and hugged them tighter, finally glad to come back to my family, my home -- something that I hoped to never lose.

"I love you guys."

__

Once we'd got home, I made an excuse and headed straight for my room. There, I just sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the ground blankly. My chest felt like it was going to explode, my mind absolutely buzzed out.

What was I doing, in the UA? I looked at my wall, a picture of all the heroes I'd adored hanging there, staring and smiling at me. All Might was in the center, giving the camera a thumbs-up. I smiled at the distant, yet fond memory I had when I was little, my jaw dropping when I saw that poster in a store. 

I'd idolized heroes for the longest time. I wanted to be one. I thought anyone could do it. But now, I'm not so sure. 

My train of thought was broken, interrupted by a knock on the door. I stood up and went to get it, but stopped halfway when I heard the voice of my parents and another.

"Oh, All Might, we didn't expect you." I froze, my instincts shouting at me to go back to my room. I was scared to face him.

"(Y/N)! Come down please!" My legs followed the order, warily stepping towards where the pro hero was. My mind was screaming at me to go back, that he didn't want to see me. But nevertheless, I went down and had to go into the room. 

"Nice to see you finally joining us," my father joked, patting the seat next to him. "Have a seat." I smiled forcibly and sat down, tense. My eyes were glued to my lap, hands clasped together, tight. While the adults chatted, I was thankful that I didn't have to say anything.

"So you're suggesting that (Y/N) go live in the UA grounds?" I lifted my head to glance at my parents, who exchanged looks. They thought for a moment, having a silent eye-conversation.

"All Might, with all due respect, I don't think this is acceptable, as a parent," my mother finally admitted, staring him down, a slight intensity in her eyes. The blonde nodded and kept on listening.

"I think you've already thought of this, but we won't get to see them as often anymore, and that doesn't really bode well, in terms of our relationship with (Y/N)." She placed a hand on my forearm and rubbed her thumb against my skin. "I also don't know how well their mental health will be at the school, since I can tell they've been extremely stressed out lately, with the fight, and the things that have been happening." She took a breath and let it go, her chest rising and falling.

"But," she continued, her voice shaking a little bit. "I believe it's the safest option for our child to stay at UA. In my eyes, there are two sides to everything. One, is our responsibilities as parents to raise our child well, and be able to see them grow up, and be proud.

"But on the other hand, it's also our jobs to make sure (Y/N) stays safe. We have no prior experience in fighting before, and I'm afraid that if they get taken again, or if our house gets attacked..." She paused, pressing her lips together, her grip on my arm strengthening.

"I'm afraid that we won't be able to see our baby again." I opened my mouth to talk, but closed it back up again. I didn't think of it. I originally opposed the plan, knowing that I'd feel even more guilty, but I hadn't thought about my parents' feelings in this at all. 

"Well, All Might," my father said heartily, looking at his wife. "We entrust (Y/N) to you. We know that you had the courage to fight for them, and in the moment it felt like someone was finally there for our (Y/N) when we couldn't be. So thank you." Both of my parents bowed, and I followed. All Might hummed and got up, nodding.

He was about to leave, but stopped and looked at me.

"Young (L/N), may I see you for a moment?"