XXXVI

A few days had passed, and living in the dorms weren't as bad as I'd imagined. It seemed like living together allowed for us to grow closer as friends and classmates, and we always had the convenience of asking each other for help, if needed. Especially after the incident, if had felt like we were more comfortable around each other. 

I was thinking about it while making my way to the dining hall, until I bumped into a couple of familiar faces.

"Sato-kun, Mineta, good morning," I chimed, waving at them. Both smiled and waved back, already dressed in their uniforms.

"I didn't know you two were such early risers," I teased, gesturing to the two boys. "Have something important to tend to?" Sato laughed a bit, scratching his cheek.

"Not really, I just want to get to the dining hall early," he admitted, a light pink blush dusting his face. 

"I see. What about you, Mineta?" The purple haired boy shrugged looking up at me with a blank stare.

"I don't know, honestly. Some days I just wake up early, and I study in my room." I nodded my head, a little bit surprised at the usually pervy guy. His ranking in the class is pretty high, so I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

"So that's why you're such a good student." 

"Or I look at the internet searching for hot babes." Ah, there he is. 

"Well," I said, changing the topic. "We should probably hurry if we want to be early. The dining hall isn't going to fill itself."

__

"In order to become a hero, you must first take the provisional license exam and develop your ultimate move." I looked around, uncertain of what that meant. "There is a 50% passing rate, which is why you'll need one." I started to think while listening to Aizawa.

"The job of a hero is to save people from danger, like crimes, accidents, natural disasters, and man-made disasters. The exam to become one naturally looks at how well you are able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions, move, and fight, in addition to your ability to communicate, draw people to you, and lead.

"Every year, a different test is used to look at how well you are able to do those things."

Midnight continued, branching off from his short monologue.

"Of those, your ability to fight is especially important to your future as heroes. Whether or not you have an ultimate move will greatly affect whether or not you pass." 

"Not being influenced by circumstances and being able to act consistently will make you a great asset on the front lines," Cementoss added brightly. 

"Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily need to be of an attacking type," Ectoplasm said, looking at all of us. "For example, Iida's Reciproburst. The temporary burst of speed is a threat enough to be called an ultimate move." 

"Oh, so it's like a move that allows you to think 'I have the advantage?'" Sato questioned, looking at the teachers.

"Exactly!" Midnight replied, smiling.

"And even though the training camp was cancelled, the training you did to improve was part of the process in order to create your ultimate moves," Aizawa commented, hands stuffed in his pockets. "In other words, until the beginning or the next semester, for the next ten days or so until the end of summer vacation, you'll be working your ultimate moves until you develop them solidly. You'll be doing intensive training!

"In addition, you should think about how you can improve your costumes to work better in developing your strengths." Aizawa finally turned his gaze to a glare and looked at us.