IV

I did not expect my morning to start off like this. Hordes and hordes of reporters gathering in front of the school gate, begging students and staff alike for answers about All Might.

"What is All Might like as a teacher?" a female reporter asked me. I was put on the spot and hesitated to answer.

"He's... very gusto-y? A lot taller than I had imagined, though. Otherwise he's an exceptionally good teacher with a very clean cut personality." I smiled at the camera and made an excuse to go and get to class.

The media is like a baby that needs to be fed every second, geez.

__

"Today we're deciding on a class representative." Finally a normal class activity. Thank you Aizawa. My thoughts were interrupted with the whole class shouting out how they wanted to become the class rep.

"Aizawa-sensei! If you would let me speak!" Iida cut in, standing up and bowing. Aizawa sighed and motioned for him to speak.

"What if everyone votes for themselves?" The teacher tiredly rolled up in his yellow futon and zipped it shut.

"As I said, whoever gets the most votes will become the class rep. If you get it done by the end of the period, I'm completely fine with anyone you choose." Aizawa proceeded to fall on the floor and sleep.

As voting ballots were getting passed out, I immediately thought of voting for Iida. He seemed like a very well brought up kid. Organized and creative, I think he'd be the perfect candidate for class representative. I saw how happy he was when he got called the MVP for combat training, and I wanted to see him even happier when he got elected class rep. He seemed like he wanted it really bad.

Once everyone was done voting, Aizawa counted up all the votes and displayed them on the board.

"Midoriya Izuku and Yaoyozoru Momo will be the class representative, and co-rep," he announced plainly.

"What? Who voted for that damn nerd Deku?" Bakugo yelled, balling up his fists.

"Better than voting for you," Sero replied teasingly. Damn, Sero you know how to roast someone hard.

I noticed that Iida didn't seem that mad. He seemed astounded.

"You voted for yourself, Iida?" Uraraka asked, poking his arm. Iida shook his head and looked around the room.

"I voted for Midoriya... Who voted for me?" I smiled and shrugged.

"Someone. Could be anyone."

__

"I don't know if I'm cut out to be class rep, even," Deku said, panicked. "There are people so much more capable than me-"

"Look, the class voted for you, so I think you'd be the best fit for the job," Iida said, smiling lightly at the green-haired male.

"But Iida-kun, didn't you want to be the class representative?" Midoriya questioned, turning his attention to his classmate.

"Yes, but if that is what the class desires, then I have no choice but to abide by the rules that it establishes. Besides, I am thankful to that one person who voted for me." I was about to reply but then an alarm sounded.

"What is it?"

"It's a code three alarm. It means someone has infiltrated the UA. I've never seen such a thing in my whole three years here!" a senior replied, booking it to the exit right after. I turned to Iida, Midoriya, and Uraraka then started to advance towards the door.

The hallways were a ruckus. Students were shoving each other, desperate to get out of the spotlight and out of danger, wherever it was. I was pushed against the window and saw what was really outside.

"Iida!" I yelled over the noise. He turned his head in my direction and yelled in response.

"It's just the news reporters! There's no villain out there!" I saw him visibly gasp and look around at everyone from Class 1A, getting squished in human sandwiches in a desperate scramble for the door. He took a breath in and called something to Uraraka, making her hit his hand, enabling him to float above the crowd, then promptly smashed into the wall, using his leg engines to propel himself.

"Everyone! It's just the media! There is no danger outside! This is the UA, so let's proceed back to our designated areas in an orderly fashion!" he yelled over all the noise. Everyone in the crowd relaxed and smiled in relief, finding their friends and leaning on one another, celebrating the fact that there weren't any potential dangers inside the UA grounds.

__

A few days after all the lunch ruckus, Aizawa sauntered into the room and quieted us down, finally announcing what we were going to do for the day:

"You will have the opportunity to participate in a rescue exercise for your Basic Hero Training class. Suit up and be ready to board a bus that will take you to USJ."

Half and hour later, all of us were loaded onto the bus and currently being taken to the training facility.

"You know, Midoriya-kun, your quirk is a lot similar to All Might's," Tsuyu interjected, putting a finger to her mouth, looking at Deku straight in the eye.

"Ah, really? Y-You don't mean that, right?" He was obviously panicking. Probably just some flustered fanboy.

"I disagree. Whenever Midoriya uses his power, he always hurts himself. All Might doesn't do that," Kirishima countered, gesturing to his arms and legs. "But personally I'd want a flashier quirk."

"I think your quirk is cool. It's very functional for becoming a pro hero, Kirishima-kun!" Midoriya said, knocking both of his fists together. The red-head smiled but sighed.

"Personally Bakugo or Todoroki's quirk is pretty fitting for becoming the perfect hero. It allows them to fight with range, and close-up battles. Plus, they're both pretty powerful."

"Bakugo's anger gets in the way of fighting, though," Tsuyu teased, poking fun at the fiery-tempered hothead who was sitting right next to the chattering group.

"His personality needs a little more work, if I do say so myself," Kaminari snickered, looking at the blonde. He growled and whipped his head around to face us.

"Shut up, extras!"

__

We'd arrived at the establishment, got off the bus and immediately were escorted into the large arena. Different terrains mimicked different sets of rescues that we had to practice, as I'd noticed. Before I could take it all in, I heard Midoriya squeal and start gasping for air. Turning my head, I was met with the sight of the pro hero, Thirteen in all her glory.

"It's Thirteen!" Ochako squeaked, eyes blown wide open. "Wow, in the flesh!" I laughed at her excited state but managed to hear a tiny bit of what our instructor was saying over the hushed yet ecstatic shrieks of the people next to me.

"This experience at the USJ will teach you not to only use your quirks to fight, but to save people. We have five areas for you to practice in, setting up real-world situations in order to save groups of people. This will be a basic rescue training setup." We continued to listen until Thirteen finished explaining the rules, and the whole class was pumped up and ready to go.

I was prepared to descend down the steps and immediately head to one of the rescue scenarios, when a black dot appeared at the baes of the steps. I rubbed my eyes, confused as it began to expand.

"Are you guys all seeing this? Is there a black dot near the steps, or am I just hallucinating?"

"You're not... I see it too."

"What is it?" Midoriya breathed, expression same as the rest of the class: terrified. I saw something step out of the hole, and I immediately recognized the "black dot" to be some kind of gateway. I backed up, shaking my head slowly. The other students did the same, like animals trapped in a corner. I soon came to a conclusion, racking my brains for the right possible answer.

The day the wall was breached. The day that Iida got elected as class rep and announced that there was nothing to fear for. In fact. It was quite the opposite. The cause wasn't just because of the media, it was something we should actually be afraid about.

"Villains."