XLII

Shit.

I glared into his bright blue, cerulean eyes that were absolutely drowned in malice and curiosity. His gaze didn't waver under the intensity of the situation. I started to sweat, unsure of what to do next. Of course, deep down I had no clue about what was to come. All I knew was that he was unpredictable -- as all of the League was. 

"What are you doing here?" I said, finally speaking and breaking the tension. Dabi blinked, a crooked grin lacing his features and spreading the saggy bags of skin out even more.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just taking a little stroll, that's all."

"You lie, like a goddamn fox," I spat, trying hard to not waver my voice. "You're not supposed to be here. How did you get past the security?" His half-lidded eyes glazed over me, looking up and down, seeing the stature and position I had. The blackette laughed, crossing his arms and smiling deviously. 

"Let's just say I had help." I froze as a thought flew into my mind. My eyes widened as a malicious grin spread across Dabi's face, his eyes screaming a lust for my realization, and the horror I had felt when I thought of it. A pang throbbed in my chest as I dropped my head, unable to look in his eyes anymore. My hands began shaking as I twisted and craned my neck to catch a glimpse at the UA school in the distance, then back at the dorms.

"It could be any one of them," Dabi muttered, leaning closer to my ear, a slight chuckle beginning to rise in his voice. "Who can you trust, (L/N)? Are your teachers and friends heroes, or merely pawns in the head space of evil? You can decide for yourself." With a swish of his cloak, he walked off into the night, leaving me standing there, paralyzed.

When the lights flickered back on, he was nowhere to be seen.

I left the path with more thoughts than I initially had.

__

The night wasn't spent peacefully. In fact, I barely got any sleep. If there was a mole in the class, then who, and how could they have gotten in? It might be one of the UA staff members, or even the students. It didn't matter who it was, but what did was that they had connections with villains. Did that make them a villain?

Back in the present, I shook my head, which was aching just thinking about it. I rolled over to my side, looking at the clock. Sighing, I sat up in my bed, sleep deprived and anxious. Class started in four hours, and I hadn't gotten even a wink of sleep. I rubbed my face and groaned, getting out of bed and walking towards the commons.

"God, this is so annoying," I thought, my eyebrows furrowing. Plopping down on one of the couches, I laid myself down with my knees resting on the armrest, calves hanging down, swinging back and forth. My eyelids felt like weights as they fluttered shut, but my mind was still buzzing. Letting out a harsh breath through my nose, my muscles loosened, and like a rag, I was left there basking in my own thoughts.

An hour later, I heard footsteps that interrupted my moment of zen. Quiet ones, but they still echoed in the empty room. I rubbed my red eyes and yawned, lazily glancing over at the figure.

"Midoriya?" I grunted, "What are you doing here?" He looked surprised to see me sprawled out on the couch, his eyes widening with a small trace of shock. 

"Oh, (L/N)-san, I didn't realize you were here. Sorry to... wake you?" I waved it off while yawning and fell back down onto the cushions.

"It's no biggie," I mumbled, sighing. "I wasn't asleep anyways." I turned to him, eyes half-closed, and pointed at the bag he was carrying.

"Why are you up, then?" I slurred, almost feeling light-headed.

"Well, every morning I go out to train. It's a daily routine, I guess." I hummed and nodded, giving him a thumbs up. He waited, like I had to signal for him to leave or something. I silently groaned and made a shooing motion with my hand. 

"I ain't stopping you. Go ahead." Izuku nodded furiously and walked out the door, flustered. I watched him practice outside, powering up his quirk and using moves. My soft and red, blurry eyes didn't catch another figure in the hallway, moving swiftly around. It might've been just a coincidence, or someone hurrying to use the bathroom, but I didn't notice that they stopped for a second to look at me, and ran off. 

Meanwhile I was still in a daze, unable to sleep, but unable to act awake at the same time. Only one thought echoed throughout my head, from after the encounter with Dabi until now:

"I wonder who the mole is."

__

The day went by slowly, and I hardly got anything in. Not the best thing when you're in UA high. After the classes ended, and Aizawa had explained our new "internships," I was ready to pass out. Stumbling back to the dorms after being the last one to pack up, I walked along the dirt path, and accidentally took the wrong path. Due to my drowsiness, I didn't see where I was going and bumped into someone.

They let out a grunt of surprise and scrambled to turn around to face me. I heard nervous mumbling and noticed that there was an unfamiliar face in front of me.

"Hm?" I looked up at their face, and what met me was a pair of bright eyes and a face covered with bangs. The guy in front of me had a timid expression and was slouched in a defensive manner, mouth drawn tightly shut. 

"Sorry, I need to get back to my dorm," I yawned, noticing that he was blocking my way. "I really need to get some sleep." The male stammered as I breezed past him, nearly tripping over his foot. I stopped, trying to listen to what he had to say.

"Pardon? Sorry, I couldn't hear you." He tried once more, but just couldn't force the words out of his throat. I shrugged and kept on walking, my head pounding, unable to hear a feminine voice call out from near the building.

"Tamaki-san, are you the- Oh, who are you?" I glanced at the person in front of me and cocked my head. She didn't look familiar either, with her blue hair and shiny, dark eyes. A smile gently tugged at her mouth as she observed my stature.

"Are you new here?" the girl inquired, leaning in to get a closer look at my face. 

"I was about to ask you the same thing," I murmured, rubbing my eyes. "Say, you guys don't look like my classmates." The bluenette giggled and pointed to the dorm building.

"I don't think we even are your classmates," she said, directing my attention to the big "3A" plastered onto the bricks. My eyes immediately widened and I gasped, clasping both of my hands over my mouth. Seniors, and I'd been so rude to them!

"I am so sorry, so, so, sorry, oh my God," I apologized, bowing over and over again. "Oh, I'm so stupid, I must've taken a wrong turn because of my drowsiness, oh dear-" I turned to both of the third-years with pleading eyes.

"Please forgive me, I didn't mean to be so rude." Changing my attention to the guy, I bowed so low that Inasa would be proud. "I am so sorry!" Both of them exchanged glances and smiled a little bit.

"It's alright. Everyone makes mistakes." I breathed a sigh of relief, now finally more awake than ever, adrenaline pumping through my veins like a racehorse. I bowed one last time and thanked them before rushing away, silently screaming in my head.

"I hope I don't see them again, or it's going to be so embarrassing."