XXI

"I'm pretty excited that the enemies are going to be robots!" Mina exclaimed, jumping up and down. "It'll give us a chance to finally be able to control our quirks."

"We'll have to be able to control our quirks no matter what, slip-and-slide," Bakugo snarled, another remark flying out of his mouth. "Regardless of whether our opponents are human or robotic, we have to fight both sooner or later."

__

I sighed, putting down the weights, breathing labored by how much I was working. I touched the scar on my shoulder, realizing that it wasn't as bad as I had thought. At least it wasn't sore anymore, so I could push my limits a bit.

"I should probably call up someone. See if they want to study after I shower," I thought, taking out my phone. "But who should I call? Momo's busy with the others, and Izuku, Uraraka, and Iida are all busy studying by themselves." I groaned, scrolling through the numbers as I passed a contact, quickly scrolling back up to see it properly.

"When did I get Todoroki's number?" I mumbled, looking at the contact. I remembered him not saying anything about studying, so I presumed he was busy himself, but I couldn't shake off our talk at the hospital. I pressed the contact and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello?" I didn't believe it.

"Todoroki-san?"

"Yes."

"Oh, I was wondering if I could come and study with you, if that's not too much of a bother."

"Who is this, Shoto?" I heard muffled voices and a sharp edge replaced my friend's usually calm and collected voice.

"Alright, you can come over." The colder, more dark range of tone left me a bit scared, yet confused.

"Okay... I'll see you in an hour. Send me your address and I'll be there in a jiffy." The line went dead before I could say goodbye. I held my phone back and looked at the screen, lips pressed together and eyebrows furrowed.

What had just went down on the other side?

__

I arrived at the extremely large estate, wondering outside the gate as the mansion towered over my figure. I felt the urge to whimper at the size of the house compared to the one I lived in. Oh dear, this isn't going to end well, I fear.

The voicebox at the front entrance boomed, making my ears perk up and hands to fly over them at the sheer volume of the sound.

"Who is this?" I coughed a bit before answering, obviously surprised, and a bit embarrassed.

"It's (L/N) (Y/N), sir." I guessed the voice belonged to a male, since it was very deep and quite demanding. "I called about an hour ago, requesting to tread on your property and visit Todoroki Shoto." The voice grunted and the gates slowly swung open.

"Come in, and be quick about it." I gulped, starting on the long meandering path to the front door.

__

Knocking twice on the detailed, intricately engraved, polished oak door, I stood there patiently with my bag and a waterbottle, waiting for someone to open the unnecessarily large piece of wood.

The front swung open, revealing the large figure, Endeavor. He looked at me with this grimace and stared into my eyes, with the same ones that Shoto possessed. At least one of them.

"(L/N)?" It seemed more like a demand than a question, his figure perched, chin high and small wrinkles here and there from the pride that he wore daily. Now I was beginning to see what Shoto meant.