XXV

In the morning, the pain was lesser, but still there. I pushed it aside and sat down in my chair, opening up the right supplies for school. 

"(L/N)-kun!" I looked up and found a happy face staring at me. I smiled awkwardly and waved.

"Good morning, Uraraka-san." She giggled and blew a raspberry. 

"I told you before, just call me Ochako! We're close friends, so it's fine!" she insisted, clasping her hands together. I chuckled along with her, my mood elevating. 

"So how do you think you did on your test? I heard that if you didn't pass, you don't get to go to the training camp," she muttered, discreetly looking at the brooding Kaminari and Mina. I shrugged, my face neutral.

"I honestly don't know. I feel like I didn't really do anything to help." Sighing, I leaned back in my seat and groaned, arms hanging limp by my sides.

"You did plenty! Honestly, your skill can't be out matched! It was smart of you to throw the knife at Dark Shadow and for him to catch it! I wouldn't even be able to do that." The sides of my lips lifted, knowing that Uraraka was trying to comfort me.

"Thanks, Ochako-chan." She grinned at me.

"Anytime!"

__

"Alright, we meet back here in three hours!" Everyone ran off to find the necessary supplies for the camping trip, leaving Uraraka, Midoriya, and me behind. I glanced over at the brunette, looking at her flustered expression while she stared at the clueless Deku.

"I-I gotta go!" She literally blasted off, booking away from the green-haired male and I. Chuckling, Midoriya and I shared a laugh.

"Even though we came together with a group, I guess we're all alone, huh?" he commented, scratching his head. Sighing with a little bit of disappointment, I agreed, nodding my head sadly.

"Oh! Two people from UA, cool! Can I get your guys' autographs?" I looked up at the figure, whose arms were slung around Deku and my shoulders. The hooded figure laughed and leaned into both of us.

"You're the kid who got all beat up in the sports festival right?" He then guided his attention back to me. "And you're the one who got third place! So cool." The guy paused for a second.

"And you were some of the people that ran into the hero killer, right? That's wicked." I could sense the level of stress from Midoriya rising. 

"Y-You sure know a lot," he laughed nervously, gulping down saliva. The figure's face split into a smile and my blood ran cold.

"I never thought I'd be seeing you both again in a place like this. Makes me feel like there's something to it... Something like fate, or destiny." My airways almost closed as I felt his cold, clammy hand wrap around my throat, middle finger raised.

"Well, I guess from your perspective, we haven't met since the attack on UA, right?" My eyes widened as the hooded man's head lifted, revealing the face of none other than the blue-haired villain we'd encountered:

Tomura Shigaraki.

Midoriya and I both choked up as he uttered dry dialogue into our ears.

"Act natural, like I'm an old friend. Don't make a fuss, and calm down and breathe. I want to talk to you both. That's all. But act up, and when all my five fingers touch your neck, it will be nothing but dust."

"B-But," Izuku stuttered, looking up at him, "If you do that, a hero will catch you in no time, that's certain."

"Sure," Shigaraki replied calmly, a twisted smile etched onto his features. "But look at them. How can they smile and gather like that? When it comes down to laws, they're certain that all individuals have morals. They're convinced that there's no way anyone would do it. And before I'm caught, I could crumble twenty, thirty people." My throat closed as his grip tightened.

Izuku hung limp as he unclenched his fist.

"What... do you want to talk about?"Shigaraki laughed joyfully, bringing us closer to him.

"This is nice! Since we've got this chance, why don't we sit down and have a chat?"

__

"Anyway, I hate everything, but what pisses me off the most right now is that damn hero killer." I was surprised. Weren't they comrades or something? They're both villains, aren't they?

"So he's not with you?" I asked, looking forwards.

"No, but in the end, I guess that's how it appeared on the news anyways.  Almost everyone is looking at the hero killer. The attack on UA, and the Nomus I released in Hosu city, everything was upstaged by him. No one's looking at me. Why is that? No matter how much he boasts, in the end, he just destroyed the things he didn't like, right? What do you think is the difference between me and him, huh?" 

His four fingers got tight again and I resisted the urge to claw at my neck. I was absolutely paralyzed. I managed to swallow my fear enough to be able to talk.

"I-I can't say I agree with either of you. But I can understand the hero killer," I mumbled, nervous of his response. "I can understand his affiliation with All Might and his infatuation to fix society. At the very least, he wasn't killing everything just because he wanted to. It was because he believed that it was right. He kept on going, and didn't abandon it like you did. Even though his methods were toxic, he was trying to live up to his ideals, I think." My eyes slowly met Shigaraki's and I gasped, freezing. His red eyes bore into mine and he glared down at me. 

"Wow..." he breathed out in hushed whispers, "I feel like I've connected the dots. Why the hero killer pisses me off so damn much." Midoriya locked eyes with me, pupils dilated and eyes wide with fear. Tomura gave a mad giggle and gasped.

"Everything is because of All Might, huh?" Izuku gasped, tensing up. 

"When all's said and done, that's where I end up! What was I worrying so much about? These guys are able to smile thoughtlessly because All Might is able to smile thoughtlessly! It's because that trash is smiling so thoughtlessly, as if there was no one he couldn't save!" 

His grip tightened on my neck as Midoriya watched, horrified. I closed my eyes in pain, trying to hold in a gasp and cough I'd been bearing for the longest time. My hands shook in my lap as I struggled to not rip his hand off of my neck.

"Oh, it looks like someone is good at following rules, aren't you (Y/N)? You really do care about everybody, huh?"

"Get... your hands off my-" I choked out, my vision getting blurry. 

"Doing so well, but now making a scene? You think it's okay for the masses to die? It's so ironic, Hero Killer. I'm your opposite, but now you let me live, and your trials and convictions will become a stepping stone for me-" Tears were welling up in my eyes as a voice rang out to me.

"(Y/N)? Deku-kun?" We all turned in the voice's direction. Uraraka stood still in one place with a ghostly expression.

"Get your hands off of them..." she mumbled. It was like a puppet's response. I noticed Tomura's hand move from Deku's neck.

"It's nothing! It's fine, so don't get any closer!" I yelled, the tension rising. Suddenly, Shigaraki let go, hands up in the air. I gasped and wheezed for air, clutching my neck, the skin surrounding it red and slightly blistered from the force applied to it. Midoriya immediately rushed to help me, patting my back, still frightened out of his wits. 

"Oh, sorry about that! You had a friend with you? I'll be off then." The villain's head dipped and his voice only reached my ears.

"If you try to follow me, I won't be very happy." So he sauntered off, both hands in his pockets. Before he could leave, Izuku shouted in his direction.

"Wait! Tomura Shigaraki!" The bluenette stopped and turned slightly, listening.

"What is All for One after?" All for One? He shrugged and kept a straight face.

"Who knows? But, you should be careful. The next time we meet will most likely be when I have decided to kill you both." My watery eyes tried to spot him in the crowd, but he vanished without a trace, his thin figure slowly pacing away.