XLVIII

A copy-pasted excerpt from the last chapter:

I will be hosting a Q&A about "Version A!" If you'd like to submit questions, please don't hesitate to comment.

Also, this book will be coming to a close. A sequel is in the works, and I plan on releasing it after Season Four of the anime puts out more episodes. For my manga readers, I'm sorry that I can't deliver more than the anime gives!

If you have questions regarding the manga, I'll put them at the end of the Q&A and label them as "Manga Spoilers!"

Moreover, I will be hosting a raffle, as a little thank you notation for how far we've come! The winner of the drawings (one only) will get to choose from two options: a sketch of their favorite MHA character (manga or anime), or a oneshot of a pairing of their choice (OC, self, character, etc.). I will be posting a list on my account board of those who want to participate in the raffle, and you'll get an extra entry if you share/announce the book on your message board!

Thank you all for supporting me through this wonderful journey, and hopefully you continue to read and enjoy the content I provide.

Plus Ultra!

:)

__

The night after, while all the UA students were getting ready to sleep, wishing each other goodnight and heading to bed, others outside the campus were active, stalking to a meeting spot in the dead of night.

"Why did you call us here, Tomura-kun?" Toga's yellow eyes sparkled in the dim moonlight, sitting atop an old crate. "We usually meet in the bar, and this place doesn't have a heater. It's cold." The bluenette didn't reply, and just waited, thinking about something.

"We need to discuss."

"About what? The people that we're meeting here today?" Magne interjected, curiously peering at the ringleader. Shigaraki merely shook his head, lifting his eyes to glaze over the group before him.

"I've received intel about (L/N)." The team perked up, immediately invested in what he had to say.

"Oh? You mean the student that we captured before?" Compress asked, a hand propping up his chin, "You never told us why you were so interested in them." Shigaraki's hand moved to scratch a bit at his neck, flakes of skin peeling off at his fingertips.

"I'm only interested in them because Master was. He said that they were a good tool, and sometime in the future that they would become a valuable asset to our team," he stated, posture bold and brooding, "That time is now, from what I've heard. They're confused about who they are. Our spy said that now was the perfect time, as the hero work-studies were starting. (L/N), during that period of time, will no longer have that protection they do at UA." 

"What about the pro hero? (L/N) will be working at a powerful agency, most likely." 

"That's the hard part." The league broke into silence, a familiar tension building up in the air. 

"We'll figure it out, somehow, don't worry Tomura-kun!" Toga cheered joyfully, "We'll make sure to recruit a new friend!" Her little hyping session was interrupted by a knock on the abandoned shed door. An impromptu visit that made Toga narrow her eyes, the bright smile falling from her face.

"Oh, they're here." 

__

Friday was finally here, and I finally felt a tiny bit of elation after such a dark period of time. I'd been scheduled to meet with Gang Orca and work under him for the duration of the weekend.