XLV

It wasn't a long time until the mysterious third year had managed to defeat all of Class 1A, to all the first years' complete and utter surprise. We groaned while on the ground, clutching our stomachs that had been aching for a while now. Uraraka had almost vomited, but held it in and just cowered in misery. Even the strong Kirishima was trembling, the little shakes of his back enough to tell a bystander how hard Mirio hit.

"Geez, he's really gotten stronger, hasn't he?" Nejire gasped, eyes glinting in wonder and curiosity. "Togata really is powerful, right Tamaki?" I only heard the raventte mumble in a quiet voice, as his back was facing towards us.

"He's always been strong since we were kids. It's always been that way. It's just that..." He paused, but didn't shift in his position. "He just needs to learn to hold back." My ears could only strain their conversation for that amount of time before I nearly fainted out of exhaustion, fingers clenching the folds of my uniform, my waist and ribs feeling like they were lit with an open match, then doused in a healthy amount of lava. They stung like crazy, even compared to the core workouts I did everyday. 

Breathing hard, I'd somehow managed to regain my composure without wobbling too much. As I planted a hand onto the ground, using it to hoist my body up, I noticed that others did the same. Looking around the arena, I saw Todoroki's face with an unusual expression plastered onto it: shock. The almighty Todoroki Shoto, one of the most powerful people in the class, who has trained with professional heroes since he was little, was shocked by a third-year's ability. 

It was fair enough, as we'd all been beaten in a mere moment. Slowly, the whole class got up from their wallowing and stood in a group, heads bowed. The blonde in front of us laughed, a perky smile slapped onto his features.

"I tried to make it so you wouldn't be able to see my willy," he apologized, nervously scratching his head. "Sorry about that, girls." I heard Ochako sneeze in the back, then groan because of her aching stomach. 

"But anyways," he continued, hands now held behind his back, "you all kind of get it now, right?" If I had the ability to scoff at the moment, I would have. But alas, the hurting inside the pits of my insides bore too much pain onto my body.

"We all just got punched in the stomach without really knowing what was going on," I whimpered, the tips of my fingers beginning to feel a bit cold. "God, this is horrible." Mirio laughed a little, putting his hands on his hips and cocking his head to ask another question:

"Do you think my quirk was strong?" Almost immediately, Sero had found the strength to angrily blurt out an answer off of impulse.

"It was too strong!" he protested, waving his hand in the air. Hagakure joined in on the rising anger towards Togata: "That's not fair, think about me too!" 

"What are you, a hybrid like Todoroki? You can warp and slip through things!" Mina exclaimed, hands clenched in fists of rage. Mirio made an effort to laugh again, cutely answering the aggressive question. 

"Actually, no! I have only one quirk." I cocked an eyebrow, the pain in my core subsiding bit by bit. Only one quirk? It must be powerful, who knows what he might be capable of. He might even be the next All Might, for all I know. I hummed to myself, pondering about the topic as Midoriya pushed further into the topic.

"Only one?" Nejire suddenly popped out of nowhere, raising her arm and grinning. Her blue hair bounced with her quick and energetic movements.

"I know! I know his quirk! Can I say it, can I say it?" Togata looked in her direction until she couldn't contain it anymore.

"It's Permeation!"

"Hado-san, it's Mirio's turn right now," Tamaki grumbled, his backside still facing us, to our dismay. Togata broke the tension brewing in the room before it could get worse, quickly breaking up the slight banter between his two classmates.