VI

All Might. The epitome of quirks, heroes, and the one thing I will respect about America. The whole room stood still as the clacking of the pro hero's boots was the only sound in the vast arena.

In one swift movement, All Might scooped up all of us, including Aizawa, far too fast for the naked eye to see. He set us down on the ground, smiling, his teeth almost blinding.

"Take him somewhere safe. I'll deal with the villains." Deku was hesitant and tried protesting.

"But All Might-"

"Go. Now." Reluctantly, the green-haired boy turned to me, Tsuyu, and Mineta, nodding. I furrowed my eyebrows and prayed silently for the "All-American" hero, carrying my teacher's feet, hauling him to safety. The fight had already begun as All Might and the bird monster were fighting, causing the arena itself to rumble and shake at the sheer force of the punches they were throwing.

But why did the monster seem unharmed? I saw as All Might got a good punch in, only to be held down by the creature who split inside of a warp gate. My instincts kicked in once I saw blood on the hero's costume.

Izuku must have had the same feeling, as we both rushed forwards to try and fight. I knew in the back of my head there was nothing I could do. I didn't have a quirk, nor was I mentally prepared to face the beast. It just felt right at that moment. We moved at the same pace with the same intention: to help our idol. We almost reached him until suddenly, Bakugo appeared and exploded the purple mass, averting our attention from the pervious main goal. He pinned the villain down by the metal plates that circled around what seemed to be his neck. Todoroki followed not far behind, freezing half of the monster's body, allowing All Might to break free of its grip.

The whole scene was a mess of blood, screaming, and violence as the Nomu started to regenerate and attack Bakugo, and the blue-haired villain ordered for the warp gate to be reopened, and talking about All Might's title, and the respective points of heroes and villains.

The #1 hero and the monster started to clash again after talking. I wasn't sure what was going to happen, and neither did the others when a huge gust of wind came from the bash.

"Hold on to anything, don't be blown away!" I yelled, getting down onto the ground and holding my position. "Everyone, get down!" After more than a few minutes, I looked up and was horrified.

All Might was bleeding profusely, and the monster didn't seem to be hurt, but it looked a bit scratched up. His power isn't doing anything to the bird...

It can't be.

All Might stuttered in his steps, backing away a bit and wiping his mouth. I started to tear up and bit my lip.

"You can do it, All Might. You always win," I whispered. "You can win for us!" Suddenly the hero turned, and pummeled the bird, creating an even bigger gust of wind. I opened an eye to see the action, almost blinded by the dust.

All Might was relentlessly beating the monster, and with one final punch, he knocked it into the sky, out of the arena, and into the nearby forest. Silent cheers rang through my head as I fought the urge to sob right then and there, feeling an immense amount of pride and joy, almost forgetting about the things that had just happened before. The hero in front of me stood up straight again and looked at the villains.

"Why don't you fight, if your mission is to eradicate me?" he boomed, stepping up. I could almost see the fear in their eyes as they looked at him. The warp muttered something to the bluenette. As the light hit his eye, I could see a red glint appear in his hungry expression.

No. I lunged forwards before Deku did. I intercepted the villains' path before they could get to All Might, ready to feel the disintegration effect of the blue-haired villain's hand. But he was pushed back by an unknown force. I collapsed onto the ground, groaning at the impact of my body against the dirt and dust.

"The other heroes are here!" was all I heard before blacking out, pain spreading all through my body.

__

I woke up in the medical unit at the UA. I sat up slowly, wincing from the burn in my shoulder.

"You should take it easy for now. You might sustain permanent damage to your joint, (L/N)." I turned to face Recovery Girl, and sighed.

"You know everything, right? About me? Where I came from and... my secret?" She nodded and proceeded to walk over.

"The Sports Festival is approaching. I suggest you rest, train lightly over the week, then you can get back into the hardcore things. You wouldn't want to be vulnerable, especially with a position and ranking like yours." I bit my lip and looked at my right side, covered with a cast.

"Thank you." Recovery Girl smiled and nodded.

"Anytime, dear."

__

I slowly headed back to the classroom, flinching with every step I took. I opened the door, to see nobody there. I sighed and tried to grab my things, when someone spoke.

"It was pretty reckless of you to take the hit for me." I yelped and jumped, surprised.

"Aizawa-sensei!" He sighed and turned to me, his face completely covered in bandages. "Are you okay? Did everything get taken care of?"

"It's okay, kid. Everything is fine, but considering your condition now, you're not. The big tournament is coming up so I suggest that you recover quickly. I mean, not that it really matters for you." I felt a squeeze in my heart, hurt at the completely unexpected comment.

"I already know that," I said quietly, clenching my fist. "I already know I'm weak. I'm nothing compared to others, but I have to work harder. The point is that I got in here. I want to be a new definition of hero, just someone who protects the public, not because they're special, or powerful, but because they work hard to. So keep trying to out me down, and I say this with as much respect and admiration to you as I possibly can, but know that one day, I'll prove you wrong." Aizawa scoffed and I looked down, starting to pick up my things. He cleared his throat for me to stop and said something I would have never imagined:

"If that's your goal, then you're already on your way."