III

"Uraraka-san! Wait for me!" I called, running to catch up with her. I noticed engine-man was walking with her.

"Oh, (L/N)-chan! This is Iida Tenya, you didn't meet him yet, since he took the entrance exam with Deku and me." I turned to the taller male and stuck out my hand.

"I'm (L/N), (Y/N). It's a pleasure to meet you, Iida-kun." He smiled and shook my hand.

"It's nice to meet you as well, (L/N)-san," he said as he bowed a bit. He straightened his back and let go of my hand, looking over my shoulder at Deku, who was talking to Uraraka. Once he cast his gaze back to me, Iida only smiled.

"Anything on your mind?" I asked, patting his arm. He sighed and averted his eyes to the ground.

"When I got accepted into the UA, I'd imagined the classes to be extremely hard, and competitive. I didn't think it was a place to be making friends. In all honesty, I didn't even think I would be able to be accepted." I laughed and cupped a hand up to my mouth.

"Is something funny?" Iida sounded offended, but curious.

"No, no, not at all, don't worry." I calmed down and bit my bottom lip, looking at my shoes.

"Can this be a secret between you and me for now? Others will know soon enough, but I want this is to be our little thing." Iida nodded, seemingly inclined to hear what I had to say.

"It's mostly impulsive that I want to get this off my chest, and I know I just met you, Iida-kun, but I want to be able to just talk. Like friends." He nodded.

"Of course." Taking a deep breath in, I looked at the ground while we walked, not being able to meet the bluenette's eyes.

"I was not expecting to get into the hero program. When I took the recommendations test, I was filled with uncertainty at seeing the people so much better than me, with so many different quirks, and so much potential.

"And even so, today I felt I was last, despite my markings on the scoreboard. When Aizawa-sensei looked at me, I felt that he knew. Despite my place on that board, I was first on the list to be expelled." Iida gaped at my monologue.

"What? But you got fifth place, without even using your quirk. You passed into the UA through recommendations. It's not possible that you'd get expelled." I clicked my tongue and shook my head.

"He was looking for potential for anyone to be a hero. Despite it you're good or not, it depends what potential you have. Everyone, including Midoriya, had that special thing. I don't. I knew that Aizawa had expelled last year's class all together, and not failing one of us, that's not a trick."

"But why would he want to expel you?" I looked at Iida straight in the eye, furrowing my eyebrows and pressing my lips into a thin line.

"Because I just... don't have a quirk."

__

"Did you know All Might's teaching this class?" Uraraka squealed, her hero costume already on as we walked down the dirt path. "It's going to be so exciting! The real 'Symbol of Peace' teaching us." I nodded and smiled, continuing to strap on loose buckles on my costume while moving. I suddenly realized something, and turned urgently to look at Tsuyu.

"There's an odd number of people in class. What if I get singled out? What will I do?" I panicked, almost ripping the cloth.

"If you do, I still think you'd win. You're pretty powerful, (L/N)-chan," she croaked, adjusting her googles. I made a worried face and finished strapping my costume.

"Okay, okay. Let's head out."

__

"Combat Training!" All Might announced, spreading his arms out. "One team will play the hero, and one will play the villain. The heroes' goal is the retrieve a bomb hidden in that building." He pointed at a gray monument that looked like a giant brick.