XX

The week came to a close, and I had to bid my farewells to everyone at the quaint establishment. I gathered the things that I had packed and looked at the crowd gathered near the door. Gang Orca placed his hand on my shoulder.

"You did well the past week. I could tell you worked hard, and you deserve a big break. I gotta give it to you, despite the coincidence that happened early on, I'm proud of you, as a pro hero to a future one, I can tell that you have a lot of potential, (L/N). Good luck out there." I bowed and nodded in thanks, gripping my suitcase tightly. Part of me wanted to stay here and train more, but I couldn't. One of the people from Team S came up to me and patted my head.

"Kid, you're gonna go places. Hopefully we meet up sometime soon. And just saying, it means a lot if that speech just came from the boss." I laughed and shook hands with everyone, thanking all of them immeasurable amounts of times.

"Alright, I'm off, again, thank you for everything." The team said a collective bye as I walked away, heading down the paved pebble path, out the reserve, red arch, and into the street, waiting for the bus, knocking shoes together, trying not to cry.

__

"Alright, for this hero training class, we will be in Gamma, a metal labyrinth densely packed with steel factories. The class will be broken up into five four-man groups and race one group at a time towards a distress signal sent by me, somewhere in the middle of the area." I nodded as we moved to our consecutive groups.

I was placed in the first one, with Midoriya, Iida, Ojiro, and Sero. I stretched a bit and readied my staff, giving it a spin and looking at the few buttons on it. I forgot this at the beginning, but I had asked for a staff with magnetic properties that could be activated from the inside. It was able to hold at least 500 kilograms of weight while the ability was activated, so it was a lot of help in this course. But the main purpose was to be able to attract metal weapons, so I could get rid of them easily.

I lingered my hand over the button as All Might readied to signal when we all could go from out places, all spread out over the course, but equal distances to where All Might was.

"Go!" The timer started as I leapt and extended the metal stick, running and hopping from building to building, looking at the goal right in front of me. I kept on pressing and releasing the button again and again, making sure I had the right momentum each swing and jump. I had an advantage in the air, as did Sero, and Midoriya, whom I was entirely surprised that he could hop and jump from pipe to pipe. Though Sero was fast, I was victorious at the end, thanks to Gang Orca training me in all types of fighting, either air, ground, water, or in heat.

"Congratulations, Young (L/N)! You saved me!" I got handed a sash, in which I proudly wore, smiling at the rest as they finished.

"Even though (L/N) was first, everyone has gotten better at using their quirks compared to the beginning of the year, so be sure to practice for the end of the year assessment! Next group!"

__

I was waiting outside the locker room, as I had gotten there early and already changed, and I heard commotion from inside the boy's locker room.

"Look! There's a hole in the wall!" I know that voice anywhere. Mineta, what is he up to? "I can see all the girls! Yaomomo's breasts! Uraraka's ass! Asui's surprising boobies!" I growled, balling up my fist and slammed my fist against the wall, causing everyone to either yelp or hum in shock.

"Mineta, godammit, shut your trap! The girls don't need any belittling! Don't downgrade them any more!"

"S-Sorry, (L/N)..." Minoru muttered. I huffed and leaned my back against the wall as I waited for my friends to come out.

"Thank you (L/N)-kun," I heard from inside the opposite locker room. I smiled and crossed my arms, turning my head so my voice could reach into the hallway.

"Don't sweat it."

__

"Prepare your minds and your bodies for the written and practical sections of the exam," Aizawa droned, "The final exams are coming soon. Hopefully you don't fail." Everyone started a light chatter about the whole idea.

"I've been so busy, I haven't really had any time to study!" Denki worried, with Mina and some others in agreement. "I can't fail this test."

"Right!" Sato noted. "Plus, it'll be even harder than the midterms." I pressed my lips together in a straight line and hummed in thought.

"Maybe we could arrange a study session near my house. I know there's a really good park that doesn't have many people there at a time, mostly just the birds and a couple of really nice elders. The scenery can also help us relax a little bit, and take time off to read and develop some useful knowledge." Momo immediately jumped at the opportunity.

"I can help everyone! If (L/N)-san, if you're too busy, I can just hold it at my house. It'll be a bigger space with a nice temperature, and we can enjoy some refreshments there." I smiled at her, acknowledging the kind offer. But I didn't want to ruin her moment in the spotlight.

"Yeah, that'll be nice. Thank you, Yaomomo. I kinda was actually going to ask you. I also might not be able to come, due to extra work that I have." Her grin visibly brightened, chattering about how much fun it was going to be. I held in a small smile, seeing her complexion clear up a bit.

__

"What is the nature of the practical exam, even?" Midoriya wondered, asking the whole table, when he bumped his head into someone's elbow. Well, more like someone knocked their elbow into his head. I immediately wheeled to look at the offender.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Neito chuckles, glaring at us with a mocking demeanor. "I guess Class 1A is always getting into trouble these days huh? What about the Hero-Killer? One day you might just be killed." I couldn't help myself.

"Hey, loudmouth. Shut it." He turned to me and smiled, half-lidded eyes gazing into my fierce ones.

"Oh? Does this little robin want to say something? I just hear incoherent squeaks. Of course, that's because you're in Class 1A." I was tempted to grab his collar, but held back. I slowly moved from my seat into his face.

"No one insults my friends and gets away with it, you hear me?" He laughed again and held his ear up to my eye.

"Sorry? How did you get in Class 1A? You're the quirkless one, aren't you? Why are you even in UA? Pathetic." I started to laugh, to everyone's surprise, when I spotted something.

"Did anyone ever tell you how elfish your ears are?" I snorted, trying to contain hiccups that arose. "Oh my god, please don't hold those any closer to my face or else I might just laugh even more." Monoma seemed taken aback, eyebrows furrowing and a pout starting to form. Kendo suddenly appeared and took Monoma by the ear. I now think I know why his ears are so long.

"Sorry, you guys. Good luck on your tests. An upperclassman told me that we'll be fighting the robots again," she said, gently grinning.

"What? Why are you helping the enemy?" Neito exclaimed, clearly upset. Kendo whacked him and started to pull away.

"They're not the enemy, or detestable, like you said." The lunch period ended with light chatter, occasional laughter, and side conversations, all melding together in a giant, warm, atmosphere.