Chapter Four

"Everybody has an addiction. Mine happens to be you."

●●●

04.
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

UNIVERSITY WAS ALREADY kicking me in the butt. It hadn't even been a full day at university and the professors had already given us a mountain of assignments. It was lunch break now. Sana and I ran out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. The management professor was giving us a boring lecture about managing our daily time. I was yawning throughout lecture. Literally. I wanted nothing more than to take a nap right there in the classroom. And I really was dozing off when the bell rang.

Saved by the bell.

The vast hallway was buzzing with students, but thankfully it wasn't as packed as it was in the morning and we didn't have to shove people out of our way like we had to do in high school. The perks of having a massive campus. Thank God.

"I swear, if we stayed another minute in that class, I would've punched someone," Sana huffed, shoving her lecture notebook in her locker.

I closed the locker after placing my notebook inside it, and turned to her.

"Well, I don't know about punching, but I definitely would've slept. I had no idea management classes are this boring," I said.

"I know right. But anyways, let's go to cafe. I need a strong black coffee or else I don't know what I'd do or how I'd endure more lectures," she complained, pouting like a child.

Thankfully, our university didn't have much restrictions and we were allowed to go out of university during the one hour lunch break and I was dying to get out of this place for some fresh air and an espresso.

"Yeah. Let's go."

We hooked our arms with each other's and skipped out of the campus and into the parking lot. Sana unlocked her Bentley and we both slipped in.

"Euphoria?" She asked, turning in the ignition.

"Meh. Wherever you want. Just get out of here first," I said, closing my eyes and easing into the seat.

As I was dozing off, Sana hit the breaks, very harshly, I might add. I let out a gasp. My heart felt like it would jump out of my mouth due to sudden halt. It was beating at a crazy pace. Placing my right hand over my chest, I took a few deep, calming breaths.

"What the fuck, Sana?" I glared at her.

But she was looking ahead, not even paying attention to the swear word I just uttered. She hated curse words. But right now, her attention was somewhere else.

"What are you looking at?" I turned around to look out the front glass and saw a car at just a few centimetres distance from us.

If you knew Sana like I knew her, she absolutely adored her car. It was like baby to her. She loved her car more than any man had ever loved his car, and men love their cars more than anything else.

"My baby..." She whispered, eyes wide in disbelief. She hastily opened the door, jumping out of the car, and slammed the door shut.